Bellevue at Newport in the Newport Bowl

Who will win this game?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this game?

• Bellevue
    • Newport

Game 2 of the Newport Bowl features the Tigers against the Wildcats.

Can the Bellevue O-line move the ball against a tough Newport defense?

Can Newport finally find that balance between offense (very good 2 years ago, not good last year) and defense (very good last year, not good two years ago)?

Who wins the Battle under the Bridge?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have alot of respect for Bellevue's Coaching staff and team. But IMO i think the Wildcats has a wonderful team and their coaching is doing a great job. Hyder knows the players and he has surrounded himself with former Newport players. But the cats have to much Off. (N 42-B 13 Good luck! Billy "Hit man" Herald and Devon Boxx. Get use to this names on Newport's "D".

Coach Eckstein will have his players ready, but I do believe that Newport

defense will be too much for the Tigers in the long run!! With both teams focusing on the run game, the clock will be ticking fast and furious. I'm going to say that the Wildcats win this one 28-7! It would be great to see Coach Hyder get the Gatorade treatment for his First victory in the season opener at the Newport Bowl!!

I think I know, but just want to double check, who will be the offensive coordinator for the Wildcats this year?

Good question, Im not sure who it is this year. I dont see Hyder doing it himself, possibly Ritter or Meyer but I think Meyer may run the defense or atleast he did before Schlarman took over the program a couple years ago.

Good question, Im not sure who it is this year. I dont see Hyder doing it himself, possibly Ritter or Meyer but I think Meyer may run the defense or atleast he did before Schlarman took over the program a couple years ago.

I'm not sure but I think it is the Keith Salt youngman. He used to coach NFF or Bell. in NKYFL. I know he's been in the Wildcats football system for 10 or 15 years. Good Luck!!!

I'm not sure but I think it is the Keith Salt youngman. He used to coach NFF or Bell. in NKYFL. I know he's been in the Wildcats football system for 10 or 15 years. Good Luck!!!

I hope so that would be great. He's probably my favorite guy down there. And yes he's been there for many years.