Somerset/North Laurel Scrimmage

Cole really sounds remarkable. Can anyone tell me why Louisville and Kentucky are not recruiting him? If he is looking at Stanford (has he already committed?) then he must have excellent grades, and I would expect that schools like Virginia and Duke would be looking at him, too?

He is a 4.0 student from what I was told Friday night. I also believe that UK and UL are recruiting him. To what extent, I am not sure. I don't believe he has committed yet.

I agree with Highway 119 that he made a secondary which is not that bad, look like they couldn't cover him. When they came up to jam him, they couldn't get a hand on him. When they double covered him, either someone else opened up or he made catches between defender, over defenders, etc.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The word is that Cole is a 4.0 student who scored a perfect 30 on the ACT. Per his own interview in our local paper he is planning on committing either to Vandy or Stanford before the official start of the season. I feel that several big schools in our region has more than dropped the ball on John Cole. We here in Somerset seen flashes of greatness his Soph. year playing beside Ray Norman. Last year speaks for itself and I'm sure this season will also.

The word is that Cole is a 4.0 student who scored a perfect 30 on the ACT. Per his own interview in our local paper he is planning on committing either to Vandy or Stanford before the official start of the season. I feel that several big schools in our region has more than dropped the ball on John Cole. We here in Somerset seen flashes of greatness his Soph. year playing beside Ray Norman. Last year speaks for itself and I'm sure this season will also.

Actually, a 36 is a perfect ACT score, but 30 will get you into any school you want to go to! He is obviously a very smart kid to go along with his outstanding ability!

If he is looking at Vandy and Stanford, he obviously is thinking ahead to what his academic future will be, and hats off to him! I agree that UK and UL should have recruited him harder. I have seen up close that he is better than advertised!

He is an amazing talent for sure. How about NL? Other than Cole working them through his naturl ability and experience, how did North look, overall, and what chances do they have this year after graduating an Asher, Crawford, Robinson and others? How will they stack-up against the overall scheduled opponents, and expecially the district challengers this Fal?

Players such as Maggard are extremely dificult to replace; if a Maggard can ever be replaced Guess what I am asking is who will take up the standard and "stand in the gap". Who has the potential to pick-up their game and play hard-nosed football, without regard to timidity or personal interests?

Does Somerset scrimmage Breathitt Co. in Breathitt's Grid-O-Rama this coming Friday? That's what I have been hearing but haven't seen it confirmed anywhere. If so, I'd venture to guess Cole will have a field day because Breathitt has an, as of now, weak secondary. What kind of defense does Somerset have?

Does Somerset scrimmage Breathitt Co. in Breathitt's Grid-O-Rama this coming Friday? That's what I have been hearing but haven't seen it confirmed anywhere. If so, I'd venture to guess Cole will have a field day because Breathitt has an, as of now, weak secondary. What kind of defense does Somerset have?

I'll start a thread on it.

I saw a kid from Somerset on D that impressed me. He was pretty quick and a good sized player with a high motor. Since we're up against the Jumpers at the Correll Bowl, he looks pretty good on the D-Line. What's his story.

Haven't seen Somerset in a couple of years and worked in London Friday night so I thought I'd peek at our opponent. Never heard of him but he hits hard.

Mountain Thunder you were there, what do you think?

I saw a kid from Somerset on D that impressed me. He was pretty quick and a good sized player with a high motor. Haven't seen Somerset in a couple of years and worked in London Friday night so I thought I'd peek at our opponent. Never heard of him but he hits hard.

Could be a few players but sounds alot like MeGargel to me. I've watched him since middle school, good size, fast, and hits hard. He should be one of our DE's again this year.

Is he a junior/senior? Looks pretty tall as well? Do you know much about him?

I think he had a pretty good night and was in the backfield alot causing some problems for the Jags.

If its MeGargel he is a Senior. Sounds alot like him, tall and fast. He plays with a high motor.

Are you talking about the scrimmage last Friday? Somerset was the clear Varsity winner in this one. As much as I wish they were down, they looked good on both sides. It was a 2 touchdown to none score when they played live.

In a real game, I think Somerset would be a 3 TD favorite if played right now. Pulaski will have to work hard (and they are) to go head to head with Somerset in 2 weeks.