Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"We just don’t have much beef."

Featured Replies

I think they have a real chance to make it into the semis, after that, well I guess they will have to see who is in thier path!

It won't be "business as usual" because the usual suspects (Hopkinsville and Bowling Green) aren't in their path.

  • Author

What kind of business will it be west?

Business as usual.

What kind of business will it be west?

Business should be easy in the west, if the state semi's doesn't feature a matchup between Louisville Central and Tilghman, I will be shocked.

 

The question remains that given this hypothetical situation of each team cakewalking til the semi's, and let's say Tilghman defeats Central, then in the state championship does this put them at a decisive disadvantage against the teams from the East? Or a decisive advantage?

 

Take Belfry for example, they could be facing Sheldon Clark, Somerset, and Russell/Mason County in successive weeks.

This should make the Mayfield-Tilghman rivalry just that much sweeter, :)

What kind of business will it be west?

I mean no disrespect to the other teams in Paducah Tilghman's region, but historically speaking (especially recent history), Tilghman should have a huge advantage every season.

 

If I can find my post from a few months earlier, I believe I stated that Paducah Tilghman came out of the whole realignment thing better than anyone in the state.

I've said the same thing ever since the first draft alignment came out.

 

Except for the 2002 and 2003 teams led by Hunter Cantwell and Joe Casey, Tilghman hasn't had a genuine 3A contender in the last decade or so. On the other hand, they often would have been contenders in the old 2A, which is essentially what the new 3A is.

lets look at their schedule....

 

Aug 25, '07 Christian County @ Christian - ?

Aug 31, '07 Graves County @ Graves County - ?

Sep 7, '07 Webster County @ Paducah Tilghman - W

Sep 14, '07 Fort Campbell @ Fort Campbell - ?

Sep 21, '07 Union County @ Union County - W

Sep 28, '07 Mayfield @ Paducah Tilghman - ?

Oct 5, '07 McLean County @ McLean County - W

Oct 12, '07 Allen County-Scottsville @ Paducah Tilghman - W

Oct 19, '07 Muhlenberg South @ Paducah Tilghman - W

Oct 26, '07 Heath @ Paducah Tilghman - W

 

IMO, i see tilghman winning at least 6 regular season games.....the games with Graves Co., Christian Co., Ft. Campbell, and Mayfield are either tossups or tilghman will be the underdog......and their opposing district includes Adair, Butler, Edmonson, and Hart Counties, also included is Russellville....i just don't see them having much competition until the semis. But games aren't played on paper, and any one of these teams might have enough skill and luck to beat the tornado.........

I think Tilghman will go 7-3 or 8-2 ... the most likely potential losses are to Christian County, Graves County and Fort Campbell, but I think the Tornado could manage to win one of those three. They will be tough, though, given that all of them are on the road.

I think Tilghman will go 7-3 or 8-2 ... the most likely potential losses are to Christian County, Graves County and Fort Campbell, but I think the Tornado could manage to win one of those three. They will be tough, though, given that all of them are on the road.

 

 

Looking at what PT has returning and what Christian Co. is returning I look for Tilghman to be the favorite in that game. Christian Co. has their share of problems/issues going on and that is a big concern to the staff and others there.

I see PT going 8-2 with losses to Ft Campbell and Mayfield...Christian, as others have said, is a little down and young and Graves is a tossup game, but, I believe PT has a little more returning and a few better skill players than Graves... I believe Ft Campbell and Mayfield match up well athletically with PT and will have a little better line play....

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.