Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Traveling Help

Featured Replies

  • Author
The place has changed drastically over the past 5 years with many of the run down motels being wiped out for high rise units. They're really trying to get rid of the "Redneck Getaway" spot. The few times we've been there, we've stayed at the Flamingo Hotel and Tower. Their rates are very cheap, and they are right on the beach, as long as you don't get the hotel units across the street. However, it's west of all the action, but within walking distance of the pier and a few restaurants. The rooms aren't bad at all, but the last time we were there, they could've used a fresh coat of paint and some new carpet. However, you're only sleeping there.

 

If you're planning on a lot of night life, then you're going to be disappointed if you don't go within the next few weeks. It practically becomes a ghost town after labor day.

I will be going next Spring Break....

That will be the time period that I go....

 

Your set then.. BE SURE to check LaVela out then. MTV will be there i'm sure.

My 19 year old son went there a couple of weeks ago and stayed at the Sandpiper Beacon. He said it was ok for he and his buddies, but not a great family place.

 

I stayed their and I would agree, served it's purpose but not a place for the family during SB time but that can be said for many places.

I personally thought PCB was way over rated. Unless you go on spring break it's not better than Hilton Head.
If you're over, say 25, I would go any time BUT spring break. Like nees said, after Labor Day, it's a different place. IMO, it's a much nicer place.
I personally thought PCB was way over rated. Unless you go on spring break it's not better than Hilton Head.

 

Going on spring break is the best time if your looking for the nightlife.

If you're looking for a good time, GO TO THE HOLIDAY INN. We went there for our senior sb and it was AWESOME. Non-stop partying with crazy people all day and all night. It's right on the strip, every room has a beach view and when we went half of the people there were from Louisville it seemed like. UofL was in the final four and half of the hotel was on their balcony doing the cards chant. Needless to say I don't remember the game but I had the best time of my life.

The Sandpiper is definately not a family place...:lol:

 

I can think of about 10 other coastal cities in Florida that I would rather go to, granted I was in PC on spring break. The whole place just seems partied out.....

The Sandpiper is definately not a family place...:lol:

 

I can think of about 10 other coastal cities in Florida that I would rather go to, granted I was in PC on spring break. The whole place just seems partied out.....

 

I think it was the Sandpiper we stayed at when I went way back when; I can't remember for sure, for some reason … something to do with a lot of brain cells being killed off that week. :D

For those that say the city is dirty, run down, partied out, etc, when was the last time you were down there??

  • Author

TTT

 

Hey fellas, I checked out that Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort and can't find anything under $200????

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.