August 7, 200719 yr I need help ladies and gentlemen. I'm planning a vacation with a couple of buddies of mine to Panama, FL. I need help finding some lodging. We want to stay right on the beach and are looking for a price from $100-$175? I have done some searches but have came up pretty useless. Any info/help would be great!!! I forgot to mention we also want to be close as possible to the Panama night life.
August 7, 200719 yr There should be something in that price range down the east side of the Miracle Mile. Look it is there.
August 7, 200719 yr Panama City or Panama City Beach?? Don't be fooled on some of the hotels in Panama. If I was you I would stay in PCB. There's this strip that is right smack in the center of the night life. Let me look for it and I'll get back to you.
August 7, 200719 yr I may be mistaken but believe its Thomas Dr. This is the strip that has all the clubs/big hotels right on the beach and if you are looking for the night life you will sure find it here. Hope this helps... Wish I was going there sometime soon!
August 7, 200719 yr I may be mistaken but believe its Thomas Dr.Yes, it is Thomas Drive. You'll want something near Spinnaker's and Club LaVela. That's the center of the panhandle party universe. That means something in the neighborhood of 8795 Thomas Drive.
August 7, 200719 yr It is Thomas Drive. You'll want something near Spinnaker's and Club LaVela. That's the center of the panhandle party universe. Thats the strip and yup its Thomas drive... there is a Holiday Inn on the strip and there are a few smaller places I think like a Days Inn towards the eastern part of the strip, along with a few small hotels. I would do that. I actually stayed in Panama City cause we had a car. We just drove across the bridge 10 mins and parked at the public beach each day and docked there basically. Oh watch out for Club LeVela its 25 bucks to get in for guys... Spinnaker which is next door (not nearly is good) is like 15. Oh, I wouldn't recommend the Ripleys believe it or not ship, it looks realllllly cool but it's not worth the 12 dollar 30 minute too. Do check out Angelo's steak house!
August 7, 200719 yr Oh, I wouldn't recommend the Ripleys believe it or not ship, it looks realllllly cool but it's not worth the 12 dollar 30 minute too. Do check out Angelo's steak house!We started to go there last year. I was wondering if it was any good. Angelo's is a great choice. And if you don't do one night at Capt. Anderson's, you'll regret it terribly -- especially if you like good seafood.
August 7, 200719 yr We stayed at Howard Johnson for dirt cheap, not sure if its still there, that whole town is a dump if you ask me. Of course I'm not a college kid anymore so I like different things now
August 7, 200719 yr We stayed at Howard Johnson for dirt cheap, not sure if its still there, that whole town is a dump if you ask me. Of course I'm not a college kid anymore so I like different things nowMy whole family goes there each year. Believe me, the town is not a dump! There are parts of the strip that aren't a good place for families; but that's a pretty limited area. We go in the fall (going again next month) and stay on the east end of the beach near the state park. It's a much quieter and nicer area. It really just depends on what you're going there for, and what time of year you choose to go.
August 7, 200719 yr This hotel puts you on the beach, close to Club LeVela, and alot of things to do. Have a great time...the last time that I was in Panama City I stayed at the Marriott on the beach, very nice but a bit pricey. Agree with Birdsfan, the town is not a dump! Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort 11127 WEST HWY 98 PANAMA CITY, FL 32407 UNITED STATES $129.00 - $165.00 USD Average Nightly Rate Range
August 7, 200719 yr My 19 year old son went there a couple of weeks ago and stayed at the Sandpiper Beacon. He said it was ok for he and his buddies, but not a great family place.
August 7, 200719 yr The place has changed drastically over the past 5 years with many of the run down motels being wiped out for high rise units. They're really trying to get rid of the "Redneck Getaway" spot. The few times we've been there, we've stayed at the Flamingo Hotel and Tower. Their rates are very cheap, and they are right on the beach, as long as you don't get the hotel units across the street. However, it's west of all the action, but within walking distance of the pier and a few restaurants. The rooms aren't bad at all, but the last time we were there, they could've used a fresh coat of paint and some new carpet. However, you're only sleeping there. If you're planning on a lot of night life, then you're going to be disappointed if you don't go within the next few weeks. It practically becomes a ghost town after labor day.
August 7, 200719 yr I personally thought PCB was way over rated. Unless you go on spring break it's not better than Hilton Head.
August 7, 200719 yr Author I personally thought PCB was way over rated. Unless you go on spring break it's not better than Hilton Head. That will be the time period that I go....
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.