Trinity Green/White Scrimmage

My young grandaughter and I went to the Trinity intrasquad scrimmage this morning. We had been there about 30 minutes, and just as they were about to start, she declared that she was hot and might pass out from the heat. I could not argue with her as I felt the same way. I don't know how the players could stand it. Well, we left to go get a couple of Icees.

Anyway, was anyone else there. Please report how they looked. Strengths, weaknessess, etc. Did anyone really stand out? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

I think the fans were hotter than the players. First and second teams looked really good. Nice passes and long runs by the offense and some nice hard hits on the defensive side. Have to confirm what Coach B has said, they are 2-3 deep at every position, hardly will loose a step from the 2-3 teams.

I'll second the opinion that they appear to be deep. I imagine that there is a lot of competition at practice - especially with 130 varsity players. I thought the #2 QB, Cameron Smith (I believe his name is) looked poised and threw the ball well. Will Stein - #1 QB- also looked good, I thought. Pretty solid effort all the way around.

Not much of a drop off between the first and second strings on both sides of the ball. Both sides appear to have great speed. The more and more I watch Timmy Phillips, the more and more I think he will be the best running back to date to walk the halls of Floersh.

There is not a better lb duo in the state. DBs need reps, O-line some chemistry. D-line looks mean (6 guys fighting for 4 spots). Skill players looking good. I predict an above .500 season!

Has Wes completely recovered from his injuries? I'm assuming he played in the scrimmage yesterday.

CR & tcjkbt......Thanks for your knowledgeable analysis.....you other guys are pretty good too............Sorry I Missed it.............will see you Friday night..........be there for that one........

I was somewhat disheartened by the one Gentleman who only had hopes for a better than .500 season.........:

There is not a better lb duo in the state. DBs need reps, O-line some chemistry. D-line looks mean (6 guys fighting for 4 spots). Skill players looking good. I predict an above .500 season!

Help me understand the O-line chemistry concern? Maybe moving the all state tackle to the left side, raise's your concern?

I don't think that has never been a concern at Trinity, because like many have said on BGP, they just reload. Remember, only 2 new faces is being added with 3 returning lineman, so it's not totally a different 5 players.