Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity Green/White Scrimmage

Featured Replies

My young grandaughter and I went to the Trinity intrasquad scrimmage this morning. We had been there about 30 minutes, and just as they were about to start, she declared that she was hot and might pass out from the heat. I could not argue with her as I felt the same way. I don't know how the players could stand it. Well, we left to go get a couple of Icees.

 

Anyway, was anyone else there. Please report how they looked. Strengths, weaknessess, etc. Did anyone really stand out? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

I think the fans were hotter than the players. First and second teams looked really good. Nice passes and long runs by the offense and some nice hard hits on the defensive side. Have to confirm what Coach B has said, they are 2-3 deep at every position, hardly will loose a step from the 2-3 teams.

I'll second the opinion that they appear to be deep. I imagine that there is a lot of competition at practice - especially with 130 varsity players. I thought the #2 QB, Cameron Smith (I believe his name is) looked poised and threw the ball well. Will Stein - #1 QB- also looked good, I thought. Pretty solid effort all the way around.

Not much of a drop off between the first and second strings on both sides of the ball. Both sides appear to have great speed. The more and more I watch Timmy Phillips, the more and more I think he will be the best running back to date to walk the halls of Floersh.

There is not a better lb duo in the state. DBs need reps, O-line some chemistry. D-line looks mean (6 guys fighting for 4 spots). Skill players looking good. I predict an above .500 season!

I predict an above .500 season!

Sweet....I was concerned...

 

:laugh:

  • Author
There is not a better lb duo in the state. DBs need reps, O-line some chemistry. D-line looks mean (6 guys fighting for 4 spots). Skill players looking good. I predict an above .500 season!

 

Has Wes completely recovered from his injuries? I'm assuming he played in the scrimmage yesterday.

Has Wes completely recovered from his injuries? I'm assuming he played in the scrimmage yesterday.

He has looked very good so far, more size and it appears has the same mobility.

CR & tcjkbt......Thanks for your knowledgeable analysis.....you other guys are pretty good too............Sorry I Missed it.............will see you Friday night..........be there for that one........

 

I was somewhat disheartened by the one Gentleman who only had hopes for a better than .500 season.........:

There is not a better lb duo in the state. DBs need reps, O-line some chemistry. D-line looks mean (6 guys fighting for 4 spots). Skill players looking good. I predict an above .500 season!

Help me understand the O-line chemistry concern? Maybe moving the all state tackle to the left side, raise's your concern?

^ Replacing an all state center might be considered a concern. Plus, anytime you mesh a different five, there will be chemistry to be developed.

I don't think that has never been a concern at Trinity, because like many have said on BGP, they just reload. Remember, only 2 new faces is being added with 3 returning lineman, so it's not totally a different 5 players.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.