Vince Young Starts Fight in Camp

This 'great leader' sat out the pre-season game because he broke a team rule. He's doing nothing to change my mind...

Obviously, if what he done at Texas and then as a rookie with the Titans didn't make you think he was a leader, then your mind won't be changed by anything...please, let this thread die. ;)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they ever offer, what Young did to get suspended?

He spent the night at home instead of in the hotel

Per Peter King...

The Titans punished Young for violating a team rule by keeping him out of Saturday's preseason opener. The Tennessean reported Young skipped the last night at the team hotel to sleep in his own bed. Though Jeff Fisher pooh-poohed whatever happened and wouldn't admit the hotel story was right when I spoke to him Sunday night, I was told by another Titans official the incident was true.

Per Peter King...

The Titans punished Young for violating a team rule by keeping him out of Saturday's preseason opener. The Tennessean reported Young skipped the last night at the team hotel to sleep in his own bed. Though Jeff Fisher pooh-poohed whatever happened and wouldn't admit the hotel story was right when I spoke to him Sunday night, I was told by another Titans official the incident was true.

That's pretty picky if true...I wonder if Fisher wasn't trying to send a message for something else and used that technicality to justify the punishment.

In any case, I trust Fisher's judgement. I think he's a top 5 coach, so he knows what he's doing and how to handle a team. I also have plenty of confidence in VY, so I don't make much out of this whole ordeal. The only thing that bothered me was that I was watching the game and I wanted to see Vince play a couple of series.

On a side note, Chris Henry looked really good running the ball in the second half...much better than Chris Brown or LenDale White, IMO. The question now is, was that a result of him actually being better, or running against backups? I really think he'll emerge and get a lot of carries before the season is over.

Per Peter King...

If accurate, poor choice on Young's part and better decisions, must be made.