Trinity Fans:

I had a chance to watch some of last nights practice. The first thing to strike me was the number of players this year..... wow! Anybody have a count? Thought I heard somebody say 130. Team size and speed was impressive. Tim has put on some muscle. Nice bunch of pass catchers too. Are there better linebackers around? A few holes to file from 06, but the coaches seemed very excited.

On a somber note... it wasn't the same w/out LSU ROCKS comments...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is your take, XgradROCKdad, on overall strengths and weaknesses? The already strong running game should be improved, I would imagine. The lb situation may be one of the state's best. Any other particular strengths? Any areas of concern?

As to increased numbers, success breeds success, and five titles in six years is pretty successful.

Defense looks solid and big up front and in the middle. I'm not sure who is back as dbs. Little Bobby will be missed. O-line has some good returning talent but replacing the center will be hard (wink-wink). If the qb can throw it there are several targets to catch it. Not sure who the rbs will be behind Tim..but he looks pretty good. Will must stay healthy. Place kicking will be good, punting probably not as good as last year, but that is understandable. You wouldn't think it, but (for Trinity) the defense actually gave up a lot of points last year. I think that will improve. On the other hand the offense has averaged 40+ pts per game. I don't think we will see that this year with the schedule at hand.

Defense looks solid and big up front and in the middle. I'm not sure who is back as dbs. Little Bobby will be missed. O-line has some good returning talent but replacing the center will be hard (wink-wink). If the qb can throw it there are several targets to catch it. Not sure who the rbs will be behind Tim..but he looks pretty good. Will must stay healthy. Place kicking will be good, punting probably not as good as last year, but that is understandable. You wouldn't think it, but (for Trinity) the defense actually gave up a lot of points last year. I think that will improve. On the other hand the offense has averaged 40+ pts per game. I don't think we will see that this year with the schedule at hand.

I agree with you about Trinity's team reloading and last years team being good...however, I would like to know when the Defense gave up "a lot" of points?

^ In 2006 Trinity gave up 212 points... as I said, FOR TRINITY that is a lot of points. Only in 1995 and 1998 did T's D give up more points (213 both years). Of course in 2006 when they were busy scoring 633 pts one really didn't notice the 212. P.S. WELCOME ROCKWATCHER!

I like the sound of this defense. Last time we had questions about a young but fast D was 02 and we know how good that D turned out to be. Gooooooooooo Rockssssssssssssss.

Not to sure little Bobby will be missed. This years DB's are bigger and faster than little Bobby. There are no if's about the QB throwing, he can throw and the Dutton's should have a break out year, if the ball is thrown to them. Last punt I saw went about 55 yards...that can't be too far off from last year. Yes, the defense did give up alot of points, but Bean did played alot of second/third teamers (seniors). With the schedule at hand, lends itself to more scoring by thier opponents, so lets hope with only 2 returning starters and the replacements can do the job. Rocks do deserve their # 1 Ranking (finally)....

Little Petrino will definitely be missed. How many times has a sophomore started on defense for Trinity? How many times has that sophomore gone on to be all state his senior year? He was one of the best tacklers on the team and had a nasty attitude in the secondary. Check out the Male game for hits on Beaumont and check out the X game after the interception and see who he seeks out and lights up.

Little Petrino will definitely be missed. How many times has a sophomore started on defense for Trinity? How many times has that sophomore gone on to be all state his senior year? He was one of the best tacklers on the team and had a nasty attitude in the secondary. Check out the Male game for hits on Beaumont and check out the X game after the interception and see who he seeks out and lights up.

I agree 100%. He is a player and will definitely be missed. Starting as a sophomore is quite a feat.

I agree 100%. He is a player and will definitely be missed. Starting as a sophomore is quite a feat.

Little do you know, he was older than most juniors last year. So, starting as a sophmore isn't that much of a feat. He was agressive, but I think the current db's will do just as good.