GetSports Game Night On SuperTalk 96.5

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Here are the Week 1 games we will be covering...

FRIDAY, AUGUST 24TH

6:15 Moeller vs. Mason (Yager Stadium)

7:00 Beechwood at Dixie Heights

7:00 Highlands at Ryle

7:30 Tates Creek at Campbell County

7:30 Ross at Indian Hill

7:30 Sycamore at Withrow

7:30 Oak Hills at Harrison

7:30 Reading at North College Hill

7:30 Norwood at McNicholas

7:30 Bethel Tate at CHCA

7:30 Batavia at Ameilia

8:30 Colerain vs. Wayne (Yager Stadium)

The interviews scheduled for this week are head coaches Steve Specht from Cincy St X and Kurry Commins from our game of the week Oak Hills. We will also have interviews from the Guru show I did last week and one of the three Enquirer guys that I'll be talking to tomorrow. Should be a great debut (as long as I don't screw up the board :lol:)...

Good deal GT.

Isn't Fox Sports Cincinnati going to be carrying some high school football this fall as well? I thought I had seen a commercial for it during a Reds game.

The announcement you mention that will shake the city...does it involve the Reds, Bengals, or Bearcats?

The only thing I can think is that it may be the Reds.

Unfortunately for the station, Clear Channel went out and nabbed ESPN before 96.5 did. Getting ESPN radio programming would have been huge, because it is so much better than Fox radio programming.

Good deal GT.

Isn't Fox Sports Cincinnati going to be carrying some high school football this fall as well? I thought I had seen a commercial for it during a Reds game.

The announcement you mention that will shake the city...does it involve the Reds, Bengals, or Bearcats?

The only thing I can think is that it may be the Reds.

Unfortunately for the station, Clear Channel went out and nabbed ESPN before 96.5 did. Getting ESPN radio programming would have been huge, because it is so much better than Fox radio programming.

I think a small part of it has to do with a couple of angry guys.:D

It was the Reds and when it fell through it resulted in an awful deal for WLW.

The two guys that are often angry is the worst kept secret in Cincy radio history... :lol:

Explain how it is an awful deal for WLW?

Reds made off like bandits? WLW overpaid?

Just curious.

The Reds now control all ad sales from the first pitch to the last. Outside of station promos and liners there is no 700 influence on the broadcast. They get to sell pre and post game but all in game sales are gone.

Before now WLW paid a a few million for the rights and turned a profit on the game spots. Now they pay almost nothing for the games, but lose the flip side as well...