If the Bengals don't make the playoffs

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is week 2, if we go 6-10, maybe think about it, but if we go 8-8 and miss the playoffs, then NEXT year if we go 8-8 or worse and miss the playoofs, seriously consider firing him.

The Bengals would get LOADS of heck from the media for firing an African American coach imo.

It is week 2, if we go 6-10, maybe think about it, but if we go 8-8 and miss the playoffs, then NEXT year if we go 8-8 or worse and miss the playoofs, seriously consider firing him.

The Bengals would get LOADS of heck from the media for firing an African American coach imo.

They are getting loads of heck for having one of the most talented teams in the NFL, and having a defensive minded coach, but yet still being terrible on defense and losing to the BROWNS...If they dont make the playoffs this year they are going to get loads of heck no matter what. There is no reason why this team should not be a playoff team...

Im not a Bengals fan... but I think Marvin has done great for yall. Going 8-8, 10-6, 8-8 etc is a lot better than the 2-14, 3-13, 6-10 seasons you were having.

Yeah and when he took over he took over a team with more talent than any teams in the 90's..He did a great job of getting that talent to do good and learn how to win, but doesn't look like he knows how to get this talent to the next level though....

Yeah and when he took over he took over a team with more talent than any teams in the 90's..He did a great job of getting that talent to do good and learn how to win, but doesn't look like he knows how to get this talent to the next level though....

He needs a defense. I dont know if hes the Coach/GM or just the coach. If hes the latter... you cant really blame him for no players on D

Marvin is no where near the 'hot seat'. This program was so bad for so long that being a contender has bought Marvin years of time as head coach of the Bengals. That and his community involovement has made Marvin the closest thing to untouchable as there is in the NFL. BTW, Why would the Bengals fire him? He has sold out every game for the past 3 years and looks to for the forseeable future. The entire town is now painted orange and black. My guess is that Marvin will have this job as long as he wants it...

Note to self. When trying to take shots at other teams spell words correctly. :D

:lol: That is twice that I have done that in the past week or so, but thanks for keeping me honest!

Now I was not taking shots at the bengals. Do you disagree with my assessment?

(Great offense vs. Bad defense = Average team… 8 – 8 again.)

Marvin is no where near the 'hot seat'. This program was so bad for so long that being a contender has bought Marvin years of time as head coach of the Bengals. That and his community involovement has made Marvin the closest thing to untouchable as there is in the NFL. BTW, Why would the Bengals fire him? He has sold out every game for the past 3 years and looks to for the forseeable future. The entire town is now painted orange and black. My guess is that Marvin will have this job as long as he wants it...

Yeah your right the town is now painted in orange and black, and know this team has the talent to be better than just an AVERAGE team that is 8 and 8 every year and missing the playoffs. Right now we are in a time period where if the Bengals are going to make any serious runs at maybe being a superbowl team we need to it here soon. And well Marvin has shown that maybe the best he can get the Bengals is just average. So yeah this town is all painted in black and orange now, but want to see more than just an average team. I think if we are 8 and 8 again this year and miss the playoffs that he should be gone...However I dont think he would get fired, because as you said he turned the program around and I think Brown would give him ONE more year to do something....