Fairview's new Coach?

^ I know that there is an open slot on the staff at Raceland but I am unsure on if the teaching qualificatons/areas/subjects would match up or if there was an offer on the table for anyone to fill the position. I don't think that it will be very long at all before Coach Tackett ands a job somewhere if not already in the works since this development at Fairview. Imo anyone with any common sense and has an opening would know what they were getting and would be more than happy to talk to Tackett.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Badcat,

Does that mean there is also a teaching or counseling position available? As I understood it, Chad resigned as football coach, not his job as a teacher. Can you imagine going back into Fairview and having to deal with that atmosphere every day after what's happened? Well, I do know one thing. Those kids will never hear a sour or disparaging word out of his mouth about the situation. That's why he can hold his head high while others perhaps should not show their faces. Again, just my opinion.

I bet he'd make a good fit with the other staff; Coaches Hart and Love are first class guys too. Keep us up to date, Badcat!

To the Fairview Football Seniors...remember this is YOUR team and YOUR season. Do not let the coup coaching staff take that away from you. You have worked to long and to hard for this season to let them take it away. Hold your heads high as this is what Coach Tackett and HIS former Staff would want. Good luck!!!!! :fight:

The real problem with all this is long term. Fairview like alot of other very small schools is going to wake up one day and no one is going to want to coach football ... Without dedicated leadership and the ability to rally the school and community (year after year) , this program will likely face this in the future ...

Imo what it all comes down to is that the Fairview administration has made a selfish "railroading" job on Coach Tackett to satisfy some personal wishes all bc he was his own man and wouldn't play the "politics" with them. Chad Tackett was in it for the kids and not his own personal issues. If I am wrong, so be it and I am wrong, sure wouldn't be the first time.

For the kids sake (and only for the kids sake) I hope that this move does not come back to burn the program a few years down the road.

The real problem with all this is long term. Fairview like alot of other very small schools is going to wake up one day and no one is going to want to coach football ... Without dedicated leadership and the ability to rally the school and community (year after year) , this program will likely face this in the future ...

From the way that some of the post sound, it looks like they (Fairview admin) are setting their "own" up for the future at the expense of Coach Tackett.

Again, JMO and others are entitled to theirs.

I will leave this thread alone for now, I believe that between this thread and the previous one that all but a couple know what has went on and feel the same way about it.

Originally Posted by REDDEVILMVP'06

Most importantly, no one is going to want to playfootball.

Badcat,

Does that mean there is also a teaching or counseling position available? As I understood it, Chad resigned as football coach, not his job as a teacher. Can you imagine going back into Fairview and having to deal with that atmosphere every day after what's happened? Well, I do know one thing. Those kids will never hear a sour or disparaging word out of his mouth about the situation. That's why he can hold his head high while others perhaps should not show their faces. Again, just my opinion.

I bet he'd make a good fit with the other staff; Coaches Hart and Love are first class guys too. Keep us up to date, Badcat!

I am not sure about that, but the way I heard it he was going to keep teaching at Fairview an assist at Ashland? That sounds pretty strange but that is what I heard. Yes, Chad Cook did quit coaching not sure why though?

Wasn't there a post by InsideZone on the previous Coach Tackett thread. He seemed to speak with such authority on the matter that I went back to re-read it and it is not there. Did I imagine that post?

Yes there was. I couldn't find it either, guess it was so full of it someone deleted it.

How in the world do you "run off" a person a week before the season if he resigns. I think that some people should put the word slander in their vocabulary. I know that the administration at Fairview met with Coach Tackett for 5 hours last week and did everything possible to get him to stay. That is a fact, not rumor. It is also a well known fact over in Westwood that Coach Tackett has been looking to leave for several years. And by the way, who really built the program back up - Tackett or Musick?

I am not sure about that, but the way I heard it he was going to keep teaching at Fairview an assist at Ashland? That sounds pretty strange but that is what I heard. Yes, Chad Cook did quit coaching not sure why though?

They meant Chad Tackett resigned as football coach.

How in the world do you "run off" a person a week before the season if he resigns. I think that some people should put the word slander in their vocabulary. I know that the administration at Fairview met with Coach Tackett for 5 hours last week and did everything possible to get him to stay. That is a fact, not rumor. It is also a well known fact over in Westwood that Coach Tackett has been looking to leave for several years. And by the way, who really built the program back up - Tackett or Musick?

You need to get your facts straight on the timeline of the meeting that you have listed as taking place. The meeting you talk about may have been last week but this situation arose long before last week and there were other one on one conversations that had occured before last week.

It was almost a full month after Coach Tackett applied for another job that anyone from the FHS administration met with Coach T and asked him to stay and made any apology for the things that were said or took place about the situation that has taken place. IMO if an administrator from any program really wanted to keep a football coach they would have met before almost a full month had passed to try and keep things moving in a positive direction. That timeline is what brings up a red flag and gets my attention that all is not being done in the best interest of the kids.

Have you ever stopped to think or really know why a coach would consider moving to another program? The answer would be that this situation has been ongoing as you stated.

As for the program being built back up, my answer would be that Music played a big part of the success as all coaches do. I would also say that Coach tackett was responsible for making the program a success the last few years and his record speaks for itself. How many kids went on to play football at the next level before coach Tackett? I remember just a few short years ago that the program did not exist and that also played a role in the success, it made the kids hungry to gain back the respect that they worked for. No matter whom the coach is the success of a program falls in the hands of the kids. The kids are the program and when something of this magnitude takes place ( as things are now) the ones who suffer the most are the kids. Coach Tackett always had the kids best interest at heart and I believe if you ask any player that played under his leadership they will tell you they are a better individual today because of Coach T.