What's the Logic behind this?

Oswalt Replaces Smoltz in ASG

Oswalt's stats: 7-5 3.52 ERA

Gorzelanny's stats: 9-4 3.10 ERA

Harang's stats: 9-2 3.84 ERA

Hudson's stats: 8-5 3.12 ERA

Maine's stats: 9-4 2.74 ERA

How do you logically select Oswalt over any of these guys (except maybe Harang)??:confused:

Oswalt is the only realy BIG name pitcher there that everyone knows.

Tim Hudson? John Maine?

Those are big name pitchers, but not everyone knows their names. Baseball people know their names, but people that are not baseball people do not know their names over Roy Oswalt's.

Those are big name pitchers, but not everyone knows their names. Baseball people know their names, but people that are not baseball people do not know their names over Roy Oswalt's.

Maybe Maine, but Hudson has some major name recognition.

If you told me I had a one game shot at $1 million dollars and could pick any of the pitchers above to start for my team then I'm taking Oswalt without batting an eye! Statistics don't always tell the whole story IMO.

If you told me I had a one game shot at $1 million dollars and could pick any of the pitchers above to start for my team then I'm taking Oswalt without batting an eye! Statistics don't always tell the whole story IMO.

:thumb:

I agree with that but the All-Star game is about who is performing this year. The other pitchers have outperformed Oswalt.

I agree. It doesnt mean he deserves to be on the AS team but he's clutch.