Griffey: "I want to retire a Mariner"

And if he continued his success and set/broke many records as a Red, including the Homerun record do you not think some Reds fans would think he should enter as a Red?

Possibly. However, its irrelevant to the HOF. Its just good fodder for BGPers.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I don't mean now, but him saying when he was traded to cincy "I'm home". And if he continued his success and set/broke many records as a Red, including the Homerun record do you not think some Reds fans would think he should enter as a Red?

Maybe so, this is a good point but Griffey made the name for himself and had by far his best years as a Mariner, I would be happy if he went in as a Red but I believe that he should go in as a Mariner.

Can one of those "many" please step forward? Ryan Freel...a hero? What is this world coming to? He is a scrappy little extra player that maximizes his ability....great. Not a hero for Heaven's sake.

The example was everyone loves his hustle. He doesn't have near the talent Griffey has but gets cheered just as much. He made a post saying Griffey is booed for running out ground balls. Cincinnati fans appreciate hustle as much as they do talent. It's a blue collar city. But since I am a lacking of knowledge fan I guess you all knew that.

It's a real shame he ever played for the Reds. The trade for Griffey ruined the Reds. They had good chemistry and everything until they spent the bank to get Griffey and keep Larkin. The Griffey trade rivals the Minnesota Vikings trading for Hershel Walker.