Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Henderson County Open Again!

Featured Replies

Sounds like Coach Cobb has had a change of heart. I've seen more changes of heart this year then I ever had in the coaching profession. Who will Henderson go after now? Jackson, Pardue, someone new? Lets hear it...what do you all think?

  • Replies 50
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will wait to hear more on why Cobb changed his mind before I post about that.

 

As far as who is next, who knows. Maybe they offer Jackson but will he want it now. No matter who you offer at this point they will know they are were not the first choice.

I wonder if we will see the verbal lashings of this guy like we did Billy D?

Sometimes change and leaving, is the hardest decision emotionally, a person can face.

Im sorry to hear of this. I would fervently hope that Henderson Co will at least consider the possibility of hiring an interim coach just for this year. This will allow Henderson to have plenty of time in picking among more numerous candidates next spring!

I wonder if we will see the verbal lashings of this guy like we did Billy D?

 

I for one would hope so. Apparantly he made a commitment to Henderson Co. (Did he sign a contract). I think at some point you have to be accountable for your actions, or your word doesn't mean much. If your not sure about taking the job than don't accept. I know I couldn't quit my job and expect it to be waiting for me a couple of days later.

I know I couldn't quit my job and expect it to be waiting for me a couple of days later.
strike, I respect you and your posts most of the time. But this argument is so weak it's comical. It's not just you, I've seen this many times.

 

Clearly the jobs normal schleps like you and I have are different than a Head Coach of a sports team.

 

IMO, it's the nature of the beast.

Im sorry to hear of this. I would fervently hope that Henderson Co will at least consider the possibility of hiring an interim coach just for this year. This will allow Henderson to have plenty of time in picking among more numerous candidates next spring!

At this point I am not too sure I don't agree. As much as I would hate to chalk up next season to an interim year but there would be better options next year.

After thinking about it for a minute I am not too sure there is anyone they could give the interim job to that would both qualified and willing to take it.

strike, I respect you and your posts most of the time. But this argument is so weak it's comical. It's not just you, I've seen this many times.

 

Clearly the jobs normal schleps like you and I have are different than a Head Coach of a sports team.

 

IMO, it's the nature of the beast.

 

How is it comical to expect a man to stand by his word. Do these head coaches just arbitrailly accept postions without thinking about the ramifications that the change will have on their personal and professional lives. I may just be a schlep, but I have enough commom sense to know that accepting another position in a different location / corporaiton within my choosen profession will have an impact on me and my family. I've changed jobs 2 twice with in 8 years so its not as if I havent' been in this situation.

How is it comical to expect a man to stand by his word. Do these head coaches just arbitrailly accept postions without thinking about the ramifications that the change will have on their personal and professional lives. I may just be a schlep, but I have enough commom sense to know that accepting another position in a different location / corporaiton within my choosen profession will have an impact on me and my family. I've changed jobs 2 twice with in 8 years so its not as if I havent' been in this situation.
You completely missed my point...
You completely missed my point...

I assume you were talking about the old job taking you back, correct?

After thinking about it for a minute I am not too sure there is anyone they could give the interim job to that would both qualified and willing to take it.

Sent u a PM!

You completely missed my point...

 

which is?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.