Louisville/North Carolina Updates (CWS)

WOFOJP61

UofL gave them 15 runs?
I don't know if you're just riding 2 out, but it is certainly arguable that Louisville lost control of that game with the error by Cates and was just unable to right the ship.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Elimination game. Loser is out and the winner will advance to play the loser of tonights game between Arizona State and Oregon State I believe.

I'm waaaaay out of the loop then. I thought the only teams in the CWS were Rice, UNC, UL and MSU.

I don't know if you're just riding 2 out, but it is certainly arguable that Louisville lost control of that game with the error by Cates and was just unable to right the ship.

If Louisville made an error that gave Rice a couple of runs resulting in a 1 or 2 run loss then I could understand. But Louisville had them down 10-4 and lost 15-10. Sorry but they just got beat by a better team.

If Louisville made an error that gave Rice a couple of runs resulting in a 1 or 2 run loss then I could understand. But Louisville had them down 10-4 and lost 15-10. Sorry but they just got beat by a better team.

Louisville was in control of that game until the Cates error, and after that, the wheels fell off...Louisville made the errors allowing Rice to score, and Louisville would have won the game minus their errors. They were dominating Rice, and the only thing that stopped them from winning was themselves.

You're right, they did...but they also scored 6 runs with two outs.....that speaks volumes, and you know that.

As UKMustang said, they (U.L.) did make thoe errors, that does not mean they are a bad team, far from it. That is just part of baseball. The team that makes the fewest mistakes, especially at this level is usually the better team and/or the one that wins. I may be wrong but I think that Rice was ranked #2 in the nation or something like that. Very high ranked anyway. That tells me that the are pretty good ;) . Imo Rice definately has THE best coach in this years CWS, an argument could be made about the coach at Cal Fullerton and Polk at MSU tough and those two are now out of it. These three guys have proved it ove ran over throught the years.