Coach Pardue, Boyle County

theguru

I have heard about some players, even starters from last years team quit. I heard this last year as well. I don't know if Pardue isn't relating to the boys as Smith did but something is wrong. Pardue is from WKY is i'm not mistaken and may have wanted to go back west due with the situation that may be stirring up at Boyle.

This is an interesting situation and will be not be surprised if he isn't gone within the year if Boyle isn't "Chuck Smith successful."

I have no idea about Boyle County or Henderson County, but I feel that Coach Pardue would always live in the shadow of the great Coach Smith and his many accomplishments.

The opportunity would be too good to pass up. In looking into Hendo, Coach Pardue would be looking at a situation that would be comparable to combining Boyle and Danville, if not more. What Coach Smith did is something that will be hard to top, at any class, in any state (excluding De La Salle and Hoover), the fans in the outskirts of Danville, Perryville, Junction City, Mitchellsburg, etc. need to get over those expectations REAL QUICK, because THEY experienced something that most ball clubs could ONLY HOPE to expect....once in a lifetime, if at all, ever.

I have heard about some players, even starters from last years team quit. I heard this last year as well.

I haven't herd of starters from last year quitting. I need to check into this, cause I can't believe if this has happened, I have missed it. What I have herd is players that did not play last season that could have helped are back playing this up-coming season.

The opportunity would be too good to pass up. In looking into Hendo, Coach Pardue would be looking at a situation that would be comparable to combining Boyle and Danville, if not more. What Coach Smith did is something that will be hard to top, at any class, in any state (excluding De La Salle and Hoover), the fans in the outskirts of Danville, Perryville, Junction City, Mitchellsburg, etc. need to get over those expectations REAL QUICK, because THEY experienced something that most ball clubs could ONLY HOPE to expect....once in a lifetime, if at all, ever.

I'm not sure I agree that the opportunity at Henderson was too good to pass up unless it was for money or family issues. While I believe that Henderson has a lot of untapped potential, they'll still have the likes of Trinity, X, Male and Manual to contend with along with the N. Ky schools and a couple of Lex schools that seem to be "getting it". With Boyle being in 4A, while they'll be a few good contenders, I don't think Boyle will have it as tough as Henderson will in 6A.

And Rebel, I was glad to read your post. I hope you are right. I have a lot of respect for the Boyle program and hope that the players and fans of that program will give Pardue some more time. Replacing Smith was, is and will be no easy task. From what I hear, Pardue is a good coach and the parents and kids need to give him some time before they give up on him. Its a big adjustment going from asst coach to head coach and its only logical that there is going to be an adjustment period needed.

I'm not sure I agree that the opportunity at Henderson was too good to pass up unless it was for money or family issues. While I believe that Henderson has a lot of untapped potential, they'll still have the likes of Trinity, X, Male and Manual to contend with along with the N. Ky schools and a couple of Lex schools that seem to be "getting it". With Boyle being in 4A, while they'll be a few good contenders, I don't think Boyle will have it as tough as Henderson will in 6A.

And Rebel, I was glad to read your post. I hope you are right. I have a lot of respect for the Boyle program and hope that the players and fans of that program will give Pardue some more time. Replacing Smith was, is and will be no easy task. From what I hear, Pardue is a good coach and the parents and kids need to give him some time before they give up on him. Its a big adjustment going from asst coach to head coach and its only logical that there is going to be an adjustment period needed.

Henderson(the town, the county, the school, the players, boosters, fan support, money, etc.) has all the ingredients to be right there with the teams you just mentioned.

Let's not forget the incredible run of Division I talent that Boyle had while Smith was there. Boyle just isn't going to consistently get that kind of talent. Boyle had a "once in a lifetime" run. People should enjoy those memories, but it isn't realistic to expect that kind of run every year.

I haven't herd of starters from last year quitting. I need to check into this, cause I can't believe if this has happened, I have missed it. What I have herd is players that did not play last season that could have helped are back playing this up-coming season.

I was told by a current player that a few have quit. It may be that they want to do another direction and don't have the desire which all programs will lose a few kids from summer until July. The thing is, they may come back or just are not into giving 100% as they should.

As for giving Pardue time, yes it will take time for him to make a name for himself. It took Smith 5 or 6 years to really build that program and everyone bought in on his system, as they should Pardue. :thumb:

I like the changes that will be taking place for this season. Pardue will be back calling the offence. :banana: Everyone needs to rememer Boyle had 8 soph's on defence play big roles, and a Freshman last year. Boyle basicly played a JV team last year at the varsity level. These guys will be vastly improved for this season.

Let's not forget the incredible run of Division I talent that Boyle had while Smith was there. Boyle just isn't going to consistently get that kind of talent. Boyle had a "once in a lifetime" run. People should enjoy those memories, but it isn't realistic to expect that kind of run every year.

I don't think that is a fair assessment. Most of the D1 talent they had was not skilled talent. Plus, I can name some other schools with D1 talent that didn't do squat.

What I'm saying is, it takes both coaching and talent to win like Boyle did. You can't win multiple championships like that on talent alone and you can't do it on coaching alone. Coach Smith is only half of the equation.

What I'm saying is, it takes both coaching and talent to win like Boyle did. You can't win multiple championships like that on talent alone and you can't do it on coaching alone. Coach Smith is only half of the equation.

I will give you 2/3 of the equation. :D

Coach Pardue is a great guy, and I think his IQ is not questionable and could match that of Coach Smith. I think that having young team should have accountability to last year and I am certain that not to many teams called him up to put Boyle on their schedule this season thinking they could get an easy W. Beware of Pardue and the Rebels this year.:fight: :fight: