Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gillispie's Elite Camp

Featured Replies

I know he had a camp last weekend in Lexington. Does anyone know who showed up and how did players do?

Dakota Euton was there and if you read my recent post....it looks like they loved him.

Courtney Fortson was the most impressive player at the camp. A few others I know that were there are Tyler Zeller, Chris Singleton and Romero Osby...

Olek Czyz stopped by Lexington...

^Fortson was offered. Rivals has him as the #6 PG in the class of 08.....

If I am not mistaken, from the state of Kentucky there was several players from Scott Co, including Mackey, Sparks from Tates Creek, Euton and Jackson from Rose Hill. Thats the ones I know of. I would think there was more.

The only ones I knew were Hundley of Scott Co, the Faulkner twins and Ferguson of Elliott Co, Euton and Jackson from Rose Hill and Stenzel from Clark Co.I think there were about 70 boys total .

Here's the only write-up I could find on the Elite Camp:

 

The big UK news this weekend was of course the UK Elite Camp which took place on campus and at Rupp Arena. The event was not open to the public so we have to rely on second-hand reports from others who were there for various reasons, ranging from working the event to helping with logistics. I received a number of such reports (thanks to all who wrote) and I followed up on some conversations. So after sorting through the info, here is a decent roundup of the events….but keep in mind that all info is secondhand….

 

The biggest question going into the event was just who would be attending. From most reports it looks like Bud Mackey, Jacob Jenkins, Verdell Jones, Demarcus Cousins, GJ Villarino, Courtney Fortson, Dakota Euton and Olek Czyz were all participants at the camp during the weekend. The camp was set up with various exercises and games, and then an "all-star" game at night where 15 players were picked (guess which ones) to play against the current UK squad (minus Jared Carter and Joe Crawford who did not play).

 

Everyone I spoke with said that the man of the camp was Courtney Fortson. Fortson is a dread-wearing short point guard who looks like he should play for UAB, but has quickness that is amazing off the dribble. I saw him at the TOC and was impressed by his play and surprised that I had not heard more made of him. According to on-lookers, Fortson was the star of the show this weekend. In the scrimmage against the UK players, he took everyone guarding him off the dribble and the matchup between him and Jodie Meeks was called by one emailer "as good as an NCAA Tournament game." Fortson will likely be pursued by UK more, and we hope to have him on the show towards the end of the week.

 

Another good review was given of the Polish power forward Olek Czyz, who looked good all weekend. He showed a lot of ability to put the ball in the basket and was said to have surprising atheticism. The third "star" of the camp was UK commitment GJ Vilarino who put on a show, especially on Saturday. Vilarino is being compared to TJ Ford and was said to have acquitted himself well in matchups, including those against Fortson. The two major Kentucky kids at the camp, Dakotah Euton and Jacob Jenkins, were up and down, with Euton having one good game and then being off the next.

Why didn't Joe Crawford play?

  • Author

Not good enough!!

  • Author

Just kidding

The only ones I knew were Hundley of Scott Co, the Faulkner twins and Ferguson of Elliott Co, Euton and Jackson from Rose Hill and Stenzel from Clark Co.I think there were about 70 boys total .

 

Chris Richards, Clay Coleman (Ryle), G'lawn Guyn.

Heard Euton shot about 70% from 3 for the camp.

Heard Euton shot about 70% from 3 for the camp.

That doesn't match the "one good game, one off game" observation in the breakdown above...

I heard Rondo took part in this camp. That's surprising.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.