JV/V Team Camp Games @ Thomas More

Honestly some Seniors earn their respect and others simply don't. Be sure to follow the true leaders who have the teams best interest at heart. This is not meant to be a slam on anyone or any team previously mentioned because I know nothing of the Boone situation last year.

Leadership carries a very heavy weight of responsibility.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cootyb25, I was just stating that there were two sides to the situation last year.

I second your statement about having to stay focused and to play as a team. If they do that, they will be strong, very strong.:thumb:

WRONG, no Tom Szwick to play mediator w/coach vs. players!

flatrock, why do you put NDA so far back? NCC not in my picture. I think this will be a real competitive season.

For NDA a lot will depend on how well Tierney recovers from her injury. they also will have to adjust to not having the 2 big girls to go to. They should get better as the season goes on. NCC could surprise a lot of teams, I wouldn't leave them out of the picture at all.

I assume from your comments that Tom Szwick is not returning. Why would that be?

Also, there seems to be a feeling in reading all of this that there is some discontent at Boone. Any insight that can be shared?

I would have to take HHS as my favorite in the region, followed by Boone and NCC will be right there like they are every year even that no one gives them a chance... They have 2 exceptional players in sandfoss and cundiff... However i think that HHS has to much fire power lead by Allen for any one else to deal with... They can put up alot of points on the board against any team... It is nice to see that HHS girls basketball team is back to being very competitive again after being absents for a couple of years

Katie Allen is a good player but I think still a yr away from being a great player. She will be very well seasoned her JR yr. Remember, she is coming off surgery also but should be fine as well as Katie Tierney. They both should rehab w/great success. HHS will be in the mix but Boone will be tuff to beat if they can pull it all together.

Having no dog in this fight any more here is my outlook for next year. ( I am still biased toward Boone though.) Conner lost their 2 work horses in O'Neal and Fanchier. If the big girl is gone like I heard they will have no height at all. Beasley and Long will be hounded leaving Hodges and Kreamer to do most of the scoring. I do not see them going as far as they did last year.

Notre Dame for obvious reasons will be playing a different game this year. Teams will not have to pack the paint and will be able to gaurd the 3 point line against Jackson and until someone steps up to run the point they will be very pressable.

Holmes had a break out year, but they are in the same boat as ND nobody to run the point now that Slade has graduated. If they expect Weaver to handle the ball more that will take away from her scoring. Webb steped up big in the Region but where was she all year. Weaver will be one of the top players in the region but not enough other weapons to make Holmes formidable.

For 1 reason or another NCC has not lived up to their talent. They have basically the same team as last minus Klei. Just looking at that and comparing them to last year you would say no chance. Here is the thing they do have going for them a good point with experience and a good inside with experience that right there gives them a leg up on many other teams. I think also not relying on Klei will make the rest of the girls improve and play with more confidence. If they get Savanah or even one of the younger girls to step up I see them as a top 3 team in the Region.

The best thing Highlands has going for them is they will be playing the same game as last year. Run and wear you down. If Allen comes back healthy they will be that much bigger and better. They pose the biggest obstacle for every one else in the Region. A definite favorite in the Region.

Now for my beloved Rebels. They like NCC have the best inside outside game going with Bradley and Behrens. You throw in Lacy getting over her Sophomore slump and Findley at the other forward that is a huge front line. Sparrow will be sitting on the 3 point line just waiting to knock them down. The only thing is they need someone to step up and be a leader.

Having said all that I beleive it will be Boone, Highlands, and NCC as front runners with ND knocking on the door.

Having no dog in this fight any more here is my outlook for next year. ( I am still biased toward Boone though.) Conner lost their 2 work horses in O'Neal and Fanchier. If the big girl is gone like I heard they will have no height at all. Beasley and Long will be hounded leaving Hodges and Kreamer to do most of the scoring. I do not see them going as far as they did last year.

Notre Dame for obvious reasons will be playing a different game this year. Teams will not have to pack the paint and will be able to gaurd the 3 point line against Jackson and until someone steps up to run the point they will be very pressable.

Holmes had a break out year, but they are in the same boat as ND nobody to run the point now that Slade has graduated. If they expect Weaver to handle the ball more that will take away from her scoring. Webb steped up big in the Region but where was she all year. Weaver will be one of the top players in the region but not enough other weapons to make Holmes formidable.

For 1 reason or another NCC has not lived up to their talent. They have basically the same team as last minus Klei. Just looking at that and comparing them to last year you would say no chance. Here is the thing they do have going for them a good point with experience and a good inside with experience that right there gives them a leg up on many other teams. I think also not relying on Klei will make the rest of the girls improve and play with more confidence. If they get Savanah or even one of the younger girls to step up I see them as a top 3 team in the Region.

The best thing Highlands has going for them is they will be playing the same game as last year. Run and wear you down. If Allen comes back healthy they will be that much bigger and better. They pose the biggest obstacle for every one else in the Region. A definite favorite in the Region.

Now for my beloved Rebels. They like NCC have the best inside outside game going with Bradley and Behrens. You throw in Lacy getting over her Sophomore slump and Findley at the other forward that is a huge front line. Sparrow will be sitting on the 3 point line just waiting to knock them down. The only thing is they need someone to step up and be a leader.

Having said all that I beleive it will be Boone, Highlands, and NCC as front runners with ND knocking on the door.

Agree! Boone's possible leader is not playing, IMO.

I agree with your analysis. Very good insight onto the picure. I do have a problem with your comment about NCC not living up to their talent, though. They played as tough a schedule as anyone in the 9th region and still had a very good record. You must remember being a small school they just don't have the depth that all the other schools that are always in the hunt. They came within 2 points of making the region final for the 3rd time in 5 years last year, after finishing as state runner-up in the All A classic. Some insight into their postseason play: they got routed by Highlands and just got by Dixie, however Sandfoss played the last 3 weeks of the season with mono that the doctor said would have kept most kids out, and Klei was hurt during the regional to the point she didn't practice the last wek of the season. This is where the lack of depth killed tem, as they had no one to spell them.

As for this year, I think Boone is still the team to beat. Their inside game could be awesome if they live up to expectations, and they have Bradley to get them the ball. They will need a leader as you say, but their size will difficult to deal with.

Regardless of who wins the 9th Region, I hope they go all the way this year. Northern Kentucky is well over due for a state title in girls basketball. Good luck to all the teams.

I sure hope that you are right, but i do not see it happening the teams out of Lexington are just way to strong every year

I think it is Boone's to lose, but I believe Highlands and Conner would be my darkhorses. It should be an exciting season in the 9th as it always seems to be every year.

QUESTIONS: Did Boone find a new Assistant Coach yet?

The big girl for Conner will she be back this season?