JV/V Team Camp Games @ Thomas More

I've had a chance to see Bellevue, Grant Co, Dayton, Ludlow, Beechwood, Dixie, Highlands, and Villa play so far.

Grant Co has been the most impressive. They play hard nosed defense and are very physical.

Ludlow is alright and have a few play makers who could make Ludlow a bit of a surprised team this year.

Dixie is going to have a long year. Their offense is pretty much get the ball to Shanece Miller and let her do whatever.

Dayton, Bellevue, Villa, and Beechwood could be in for a long season. Bellevue has been alright but have only been playing with 3 starters so can't really get a good gauge on them.

As for Highlands they'll be fine. They have probably been the hardest working team I've seen play so far.

Did you happen to see Conner play Grant?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you happen to see Conner play Grant?

Yes. Terrible performance by Grant. The point guard for Grant was having a painful bout of lower leg problems in that game & tried to play. Her performance in the Connor game was not normal for her. Did you see Grant against Boone & Highlands earlier in the week against Thomas More? A much different team. I like the energy & confidence Connor has...I think that they should be the team to watch for this year over Boone Co.

24sMom...you may be absolutely right; however, with all due respect you haven't seen Boone or Highlands Varisty teams...They used these games as they should have by playing and developing their young players (soph's & freshmen to-be) regardless of the outcome. Be proud of your team, but keep things in perspective since this is summer.

Have a great season!

24sMom...you may be absolutely right; however, with all due respect you haven't seen Boone or Highlands Varisty teams...They used these games as they should have by playing and developing their young players (soph's & freshmen to-be) regardless of the outcome. Be proud of your team, but keep things in perspective since this is summer.

Have a great season!

I guess you didn't see previous post regarding keeping things in perspective: Grant Co has a way to go in order to compete at the level Highlands plays in the regular season. I would bet that many of the girls playing summer ball at HHS will not be dressed Varsity for them in the fall. If the normal rotation was in, Grant would not have won the game they did.

I have watched Boone, Highlands, Notre Dame & many others play last season (and in other seasons) on numerous occasions. We see a lot of basketball, both college & HS. Going to watch really good teams play keeps my daughter humble & the game in perspective. My post was nothing more then to note that Grant did not play against Connor like they had against Boone & Highlands earlier in the week. They looked terrible & know it.

You did see Conner's varsity team at Thomas Moore. They are very good and probably the top team in the region. They are underrated now, but that will quickly change when the season rolls around.

Nice perimeter shooting...several players from Connor have a real nice touch on those outside shots.

You did see Conner's varsity team at Thomas Moore. They are very good and probably the top team in the region. They are underrated now, but that will quickly change when the season rolls around.

I'd go with Boone as a preseason #1. Connor is good, I have heard they won't be very deep.

NDA has to be pre-season favorite. They are the defending regional champs w/Boone, HHS, Holmes and Conner chasing close behind.

My honest thougts on the 9th though is Boone should win w/the talent they have coming back w/2 full time starters and 2 occassional starters and one who played a whole lot. Wish I was going to be around to watch, should be an interesting yr in the 9th.

Since my daughter has decided it is in her best interest not to play due to complications this summer, I have no desire to watch girls high school bball any more. Should she decide to play again somewhere else, then maybe I could get interested again but I am not holding my breath. It will be a long bball season for me since I have been watching her play since kindergarten. It's been a fun ride but all things must come to an end sometime and I respect her decision as I could not have handled the cards she has been dealt the last 3 yrs. Worse thing is, it is her Sr yr.

It's a shame that the adults forget high school sports is for the kids and is suppose to be the best times of their young lives.

I had heard from the grapevine about your daughter. Same reason we did not go further last year I would guess is the main reason. I have the other girls side of the story PM me the real reason. If you happen to run across my daughter see if you can light a torch under her she has the "summer off itis". She is really going to feel it when her college starts their summer work outs. See ya down the road.

Conner lost 3 outstanding seniors that were starter's from last year's team. Also, we had a senior to be this year transfer to Ryle and another senior to be quit the team. We do have some really talented underclassmen that will have to step up this year. I agree with everyone though, this team camp was just to get experience and we don't think it will have anything to do when we start playing for real! Hope everyone has a good rest of the summer! I hope the 9th Region shines this year so all of our girls get the recognition they deserve!