JV/V Team Camp Games @ Thomas More

3 point shooter. I am sorry about your daughter. I am sure that is hard on you as well, as it is on her. But that is great that you support her. I am sure that her decision was the right one for her. But, it is just a shame to see girls who have played all throughout grade school, and middle school, and then decide not to play their senior year. I know if my daughter were to make that decision, I know I would miss it just as much as she does. But, I would support her. It is sad to hear that seniors are the ones that are not coming back to play. I would think that going into high school as a freshman, that you always look forward to playing your senior year. But, I have noticed that it seems like as the high school years move forward, that alot of players tend to not come back. I know last year at Scott, there was one senior on the team.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conner lost 3 outstanding seniors that were starter's from last year's team. Also, we had a senior to be this year transfer to Ryle and another senior to be quit the team. We do have some really talented underclassmen that will have to step up this year. I agree with everyone though, this team camp was just to get experience and we don't think it will have anything to do when we start playing for real! Hope everyone has a good rest of the summer! I hope the 9th Region shines this year so all of our girls get the recognition they deserve!

I think that Senior to be will return.

NDA has to be pre-season favorite. They are the defending regional champs w/Boone, HHS, Holmes and Conner chasing close behind.

My honest thougts on the 9th though is Boone should win w/the talent they have coming back w/2 full time starters and 2 occassional starters and one who played a whole lot. Wish I was going to be around to watch, should be an interesting yr in the 9th.

Pre-season should be Boone, Highlands, NewCath, Holmes and flip a coin between Conner and NDA.

Boone will have something to prove this year. This years team will have a lot less in fighting between the players, i.e. upperclassmen vs. underclassmen.

Pre-season should be Boone, Highlands, NewCath, Holmes and flip a coin between Conner and NDA.

Boone will have something to prove this year. This years team will have a lot less in fighting between the players, i.e. upperclassmen vs. underclassmen.

WRONG, no Tom Szwick to play mediator w/coach vs. players!

flatrock, why do you put NDA so far back? NCC not in my picture. I think this will be a real competitive season.

flatrock, why do you put NDA so far back? NCC not in my picture. I think this will be a real competitive season.

NDA is top 4 at least. They took Frosh, JV and Varsity regional titles last season. I still say Boone # 1. I cant see anyone matching up at the post with them. Highlands, Holmes, round out top 4. NCC Conner Ludlow will be there also. Should be a great season in the 9th!

NDA has 6-7 players and none of them are post players.

The favorite hasn't won the 9th in a long time. Whichever team comes out ranked number one will have everyone gunning for them at Region time. Good luck to all teams and as usual expect the unexpected.

And as usual Go NDA!

Good to hear from Flatrock again, I have missed your predictions!

No where. He was at the scrimmages earlier last week.

He wasn't at the games on Mon/Tues and according to my sources, the players, neither him nor coach Morningstar are returning next yr.

There is only one dominating post player around and she plays in Cinti. I will not count NDA out due to having 6-7 players and none of them being post. I remember watching NCC beat Boone in the regional finals two yrs ago and they did not have a post and Boone had the best w/Rene Dailey.

So you are saying Flatrock that the graduating class was the problem last year with Boone? Just my opinion but I see it 180 degrees the other way. The underclassmen tried to do to much and did not use the experience of the Seniors and their leadership to help them improve through the season. It was as if they thought the Seniors were getting to much of the attention and not them. Until they learn to play unselfishly there won't be enough balls for that team.

So you are saying Flatrock that the graduating class was the problem last year with Boone? Just my opinion but I see it 180 degrees the other way. The underclassmen tried to do to much and did not use the experience of the Seniors and their leadership to help them improve through the season. It was as if they thought the Seniors were getting to much of the attention and not them. Until they learn to play unselfishly there won't be enough balls for that team.

My daughter does not play for Boone. But I agree with you, CootyB25, in that the underclass girls on most teams do not respect the upper class girls especially the seniors, which is a shame. That is a shame that things are that way at Boone, because I know they are a good team and should do well this season.

180 degrees apart exactly. Especially after reading your take on the relationship between the players. I think it was just the opposite the attention for that team was on the Soph's and Junior's.

Flatrock I let you bait me into that when most of my frustration had diminished. Cooler heads have prevailed and I only wish the best for the Boone girls. I choose to remember the good times from the last 4 years and there were many. To my good friends still there keep the girls focused and playing as a team they need to realize that is their strenght. Feed off each others strengths it will only bring you closer together as a team and as individuals. GO BIG BLUE.