Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mason Co. Stat Man Danny Boyd Passes Away

Featured Replies

I never got the opportunity to meet Danny but I know through conversations with people that he was a great man and asset to the Mason Co. programs and 10th Region basketball..

Prayers to Mr. Boyd and his family!

  • Replies 31
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This situation here brought tears to my eyes while reading it. I just spoke to Mr. Boyd not too long ago. He will be missed not only at Mason Co. but throughout the 10th Region.

I am in shock and numb of hearing of Danny's passing, what a great man. Just had a great talk with Danny yesterday at my work place and as a poster said above, never did you ever pass this guy without him having a smile on his face. We talked about work, basketball of course and the upcoming trip to Hawaii that the Mason County Royals are going to take this December. Oh how excited Danny was about this opportunity and how he was going to be a part of that trip. What a positive guy, loyal and a dedicated husband, father, grandfather, and great friend. He is a personal friend, and my family and his were long time next door neighbors. Graduated high school with his youngest daughter. What a blow to the Mason County community. From my family, our deepest sympathies go to the Danny Boyd family. He touched a lot of lives and never will be forgotten. Rest in peace DB!

I add my comments to all those those who grieve and are saddened by the passing of Danny Boyd. During the past few years at the 5th/3rd and state tournament I had the privilege of spending time with Danny. He was a wonderful person, always smiling, willing to be of assistance. Next to his family the Royals were his passion. You will be missed Danny but your spirit will live on in all of us. Rest in peace my friend.

I took care of Mr. Boyd when I worked at Meadowview Regional Hospital as an CNA. He liked to talk to me about basketball in the 10th region, I say he'll be deeply missed at Mason County and in the 10th Region. God Bless his family and be with them.

I had the privilege of knowing Danny both on and away from the sports' scene. He was the same no matter where he was. You could always count on him to greet you with a genuine nice greeting. He was a tremendous help to me all the years that I have been covering the Royals. He made my job a lot easier by providing me with stats. I also know his girls and they are a reflection of him and the way he treated people. We have truly lost a genuine bona fide Christian man who has gotten the reward that he had been working for. He has taken his place in heaven.

My prayers and thoughts are with him, but a positive thing is that he lived his life for god and is truly in a better place. Sorry to everyone for their loss.

I need a little help here. I'm picturing a guy a little on the heavy side, kind of thin hair on top, maybe wore glasses, and often wore a Mason County golf shirt. I know I've seen him many times at the press table, but I'm not for sure. Do you have a picture of him?

Oh no!!!!

 

Truly tragic news out of Mason County tonight.

 

The Brossart Mustangs Family send our prayers, condolences, and deepest sympathy to all of the Mason County staff and fans who knew loved and worked side by side with Mr. Boyd.

I need a little help here. I'm picturing a guy a little on the heavy side, kind of thin hair on top, maybe wore glasses, and often wore a Mason County golf shirt. I know I've seen him many times at the press table, but I'm not for sure. Do you have a picture of him?
That was him.

Just terrible news. Having not been in the area long, I was just getting to know Danny and I was just hanging out talking with with him at the softball game on Tuesday. It's still hard to believe, and he'll definitely be missed.

 

Anyway, here's another link, a well written tribute by Chuck Hamilton.

 

http://www.maysville-online.com/articles/2007/05/04/sports/478remembering.txt

I am very close to Danny's family and this is absolutely tragic. My cousin whom I grew up with is married to one of Danny's daughters. Their son's and Danny were very close, You could always find Levi tagging right along side his papa at the games. Please pray for these children, they are very young and this will effect them tremendously.

I am truly sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends.

Danny Boyd was a great man and a great part of the Mason County Basketball program in the school in general. I know he will be greatly missed by our players, coaches, and fans this year. My prayers are with him and his family. He was what Mason County was all about and lived his life setting a great example for everyone around him. I did not know him that well but through my limited interactions with him, I was very impressed. Like it was stated before, every time I came into contact with the man when he had a smile on his face and kind words to say. This is a huge blow to our County. I know that the players will play even harder next year to win one for Danny. God Bless him and his family.

 

We'll miss you Danny. Thanks for everything you've done!!!

I'm not sure if this has been posted, but Danny had his own website where he posted his sermons and links to his stats for Mason County. Its pretty cool to check out and gives a little insight into the caliber of man that Mr. Boyd was.

 

http://www.dlboyd.com/

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.