Nicholas County?

Yeah state title is far fetched, but you are right... both Bracken and Nicholas have the young talent to contend in the regional part of the Class A.

Agree bbjunkie

Listen to the anti-split crowd and that new varsity coach at Nicholas County will just have to work harder.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You and those inside sources!

All of the various camps start early to mid-June, so schools need to have their cards in place so the girls can start learning a new system, so if Bracken is gonna make a move you should hear something in the next thirty for sure.

Listen to the anti-split crowd and that new varsity coach at Nicholas County will just have to work harder.
A shame but true. At this point Bracken, Nicholas, and Paris have some of the best talent in the region. You just don't know who will end up at the private schools.

Paris looks very solid for next season after winning its fourth consecutive All-A regional championshiop and fifth in the past six years. The Lady Hounds advanced to the semi-finals of the All-A state tournament in Richmond this year and should be a favorite to return to EKU next season with the entire team coming back. Strong senior and junior classes will lead Paris next year, including arguably the best upcoming junior in the region, Emily Hinkson. Other than Mason County and Harrison County, Paris has tended recently not to play during the regular season against 10th Region teams except those in the 40th District, playing instead teams from larger schools in the Lexington area and statewide competition in holiday tournaments. In its matchups against other 10th Region All-A teams this past season, Paris won handily over Deming, Augusta and St. Patrick but had a close game with Bishop Brosart in the finals for the All-A regional championship. Perhaps I will get to see the younger players from Nicholas County and Bracken County next season but I do know that Paris should have a very strong seventh grade team next year, most of the players having played AAU together for the past three seasons, including a state championship in 2006.

All of the various camps start early to mid-June, so schools need to have their cards in place so the girls can start learning a new system, so if Bracken is gonna make a move you should hear something in the next thirty for sure.

I did not mean to imply that Bracken is looking to remove their coach. I was saying that a member of the Bracken staff (not the HC) will get the Nicholas County job.

And I think they will do a very good job.

Paris looks very solid for next season after winning its fourth consecutive All-A regional championshiop and fifth in the past six years. The Lady Hounds advanced to the semi-finals of the All-A state tournament in Richmond this year and should be a favorite to return to EKU next season with the entire team coming back. Strong senior and junior classes will lead Paris next year, including arguably the best upcoming junior in the region, Emily Hinkson. Other than Mason County and Harrison County, Paris has tended recently not to play during the regular season against 10th Region teams except those in the 40th District, playing instead teams from larger schools in the Lexington area and statewide competition in holiday tournaments. In its matchups against other 10th Region All-A teams this past season, Paris won handily over Deming, Augusta and St. Patrick but had a close game with Bishop Brosart in the finals for the All-A regional championship. Perhaps I will get to see the younger players from Nicholas County and Bracken County next season but I do know that Paris should have a very strong seventh grade team next year, most of the players having played AAU together for the past three seasons, including a state championship in 2006.

Paris is a very good ball team and very well coached!