Nicholas County?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know what Nicholas has coming up, but Coach Kelsch knows what kind of potential Bracken has. After this year's freshman graduate, then maybe he goes elsewhere. Coaches always look at what is in the cubbard before they jump, makes the profession so much easier.;)

Don't know what Nicholas has coming up, but Coach Kelsch knows what kind of potential Bracken has. After this year's freshman graduate, then maybe he goes elsewhere. Coaches always look at what is in the cubbard before they jump, makes the profession so much easier.;)

I would agree with this if he was already in the 1st chair, but as an assistant looking to get your first head coaching position I don't think you can.

Don't underestimate the future of Nicholas County, they have a bunch that has the potential to compete for the realistic goal of a All A title in a couple of years. Coaches also like challenges, being behind the steering wheel to success and turning programs around that no one thought could ever do. Getting the right person in at Nicholas now is critical towards any future success.

Job may not be open when he is ready to jump. And am I not correct in that the loyal assistant was passed over at Bracken County when Coach Schultz got the job?

He may be ready and willing to be a varsity coach and doesn't think that opportunity will present itself at Bracken County.

Nicholas County has some resources. They did win a state title there.

Job may not be open when he is ready to jump. And am I not correct in that the loyal assistant was passed over at Bracken County when Coach Schultz got the job?

He may be ready and willing to be a varsity coach and doesn't think that opportunity will present itself at Bracken County.

Nicholas County has some resources. They did win a state title there.

This should be a new thread, how many coaches with experiance are passed over for someone with none.

Don't underestimate the future of Nicholas County, they have a bunch that has the potential to compete for the realistic goal of a All A title in a couple of years. Coaches also like challenges, being behind the steering wheel to success and turning programs around that no one thought could ever do. Getting the right person in at Nicholas now is critical towards any future success.

So does Bracken and another 14 game losing streak next season may propel Coach Kelsch to QB 1. Didn't know how their girls were. I do know their youth programs for boys baseball,football and basketball are top notch with lots of support,good coaches,etc. Nicholas would be an excellent starting point for a head coach,as would Bracken, as has St.Patrick for Coach Hinson.

State or Regional

They did win a State title in 93'. They may contend for region in a few and possibly state, it just depends on who they put in the position.
Sorry, but I would be shocked if they would contend for the state title whoever is named coach. We have played them on all levels just don't see that kind of talent. Would be lucky to get past Paris, Brossart, and Bracken in the region.

I know Bracken County and Nicholas County both have a good crop of younger players. I helped coach the Freshman at Bracken Co. this season and we won the Regional Championship. The only team to play within single digits of us was Nicholas Co. and we beat them by 1. So there is a little talent at the younger levels, but with the other schools and the talent they have also it will be hard for any Class A school to contend for the big state title.

So does Bracken and another 14 game losing streak next season may propel Coach Kelsch to QB 1. Didn't know how their girls were. I do know their youth programs for boys baseball,football and basketball are top notch with lots of support,good coaches,etc. Nicholas would be an excellent starting point for a head coach,as would Bracken, as has St.Patrick for Coach Hinson.

Don't think Coach Kelsch will be on the Bracken County bench to have that opportunity. I think he will be the varsity coach at a 10th Region school within 30 days. At least that is what my "inside sources":D tell me.

Don't think Coach Kelsch will be on the Bracken County bench to have that opportunity. I think he will be the varsity coach at a 10th Region school within 30 days. At least that is what my "inside sources":D tell me.

You and those inside sources!

I know Bracken County and Nicholas County both have a good crop of younger players. I helped coach the Freshman at Bracken Co. this season and we won the Regional Championship. The only team to play within single digits of us was Nicholas Co. and we beat them by 1. So there is a little talent at the younger levels, but with the other schools and the talent they have also it will be hard for any Class A school to contend for the big state title.
I was talking mostly about All A, where they could be a contender for the region. Just don't see Nicholas as a contender state wide though.