Attracting Coach to New Harlan County High

Dawg, Rumors are that there have been severe cost over-runs in the construction of the school.

If I remember seeing the plans correctly, the school and the athletic complex would be separated by a river. I imagine the bridge alone would be quite expensive. Still, the new school is a considerable distance from any of the schools it is replacing. I suppose games could be play at maybe Cawood but that would be quite a trip everyday for practice.

Was this in a newspaper article? Will they not have practice or game facilities for any sport? Where will they play thier home games?

It was reported at last weeks board meeting that because of the ever growing cost of construction that the school itself will be able to open on time but there will not be any athletic complex (football stadium, baseball, softball field or track and there will not be any seats in the gym and auditrorium.

It was reported at last weeks board meeting that because of the ever growing cost of construction that the school itself will be able to open on time but there will not be any athletic complex (football stadium, baseball, softball field or track and there will not be any seats in the gym and auditrorium.

All the seating for the gym, except for the end zones, was paid for last week. I think they'll finish the gym by the time the school opens. This is from the Enterprise story:

The board approved a change order and revised BG-1 to reflect “partial fit up” for the Harlan County High School auditorium and a change order and revised BG-1 for an add of $457,107.75 to reflect seating for the Harlan County High School gymnasium.

All the seating for the gym, except for the end zones, was paid for last week. I think they'll finish the gym by the time the school opens. This is from the Enterprise story:

The board approved a change order and revised BG-1 to reflect “partial fit up” for the Harlan County High School auditorium and a change order and revised BG-1 for an add of $457,107.75 to reflect seating for the Harlan County High School gymnasium.

My bad HDE I misread the article on the gym seating. What is your opinion on the original question of what, if any bearing this will have on getting top flight coaches?

It may make the job less attractive for some potential applicants, but I'd say there still will be quite a few coaches interested.

I don't think you should delay moving into a nice, new facility when it's completed just because the football/baseball fields aren't ready.