Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Noel Devine passes ACT

Featured Replies

The third time was a charm for Lee County’s all-time leading rusher. He passed.

 

North High’s star running back, Noel Devine, who has been attempting to academically qualify to play for West Virginia University, said he received his ACT

test results Saturday afternoon and scored one point higher than he needed.

 

“I feel so good about this,” Devine said. “It’s a big relief, and it shows everyone that I did it. I really had my heart set on this.”

 

The News-Press - North Ft. Myers

 

 

If he can keep his head on straight...the Big East just upgraded even more....wowzer.

What I want to know is who took it for him? :lol:

I think it is a flat rate of 19 regardless of your gpa.

Well, they changed the ACT scoring.

Devine said his scored jumped from a 63 on his second attempt at the test to a 69.

 

“I knew he could do it,” said Devine’s grandmother Lee Turner. “I had faith in him. He had the right mindset.”

 

Devine said now that he has the ACT under his belt, all he has to do is maintain his grade point average, which he said was a little over a 2.5. According to the NCAA Office of Compliance Services, “a sliding scale is used to determine whether the student meets the minimum academic eligibility requirements.”

 

“The minimum grade-point average on the scale is 2.0. In order to qualify with a 2.0 a student would need to score either a 1010 on the SAT or and 86 on the ACT.

 

…A student with a core course grade-point average of 3.55 and above would only need to score a minimum of 400 on the SAT or a 37 on the ACT to qualify.”

400 on the SAT? Holy cow.

 

If there's a student with a 3.55 that can't make that req, his school needs to be examined very carefully.

 

I'm sure thats never happened, but the scale shouldn't slide THAT far. Would a 4.0 student even need to take the test?

 

I think a 400 on the SAT equates to properly filling in your personal information and having a pulse.

400 on the SAT? Holy cow.

 

If there's a student with a 3.55 that can't make that req, his school needs to be examined very carefully.

 

I'm sure thats never happened, but the scale shouldn't slide THAT far. Would a 4.0 student even need to take the test?

 

I think a 400 on the SAT equates to properly filling in your personal information and having a pulse.

As I recall, 400 is showing up. If you don't answer a single quesiton, you get a 400. It's your bank of points that you can lose by answering questions incorrectly.
As I recall, 400 is showing up. If you don't answer a single quesiton, you get a 400. It's your bank of points that you can lose by answering questions incorrectly.

 

So I was right! Thats pathetic. Put a floor at 700 or something like that. Still minimal, but you can't sleep through it.

When did they change the way the ACT is scored?

I wondered the same thing. I would have thought I would have heard that.

My girlfriend just took the ACT a couple of months ago, and it was the same 36 maximum....

My girlfriend just took the ACT a couple of months ago, and it was the same 36 maximum....

 

Maybe they are referring to the score as a combined number instead of an average. Where as when I took it, the average was taken for math, science reasoning, reading, and english. Someone getting an 18 with the average scoring system would have approx. a 72 in the combined score.

 

This seems to be reasonable for what the article reports......

I had a 116 combined score... I am the king! :lol:

Maybe they are referring to the score as a combined number instead of an average. Where as when I took it, the average was taken for math, science reasoning, reading, and english. Someone getting an 18 with the average scoring system would have approx. a 72 in the combined score.

 

This seems to be reasonable for what the article reports......

 

It says the minimum score needed is a 37. So does that mean if you score around a 9 on each section you're eligible? If so, wow...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.