Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CCH 5 HHS 3

Featured Replies

Congrats to Cov Cath .

Although I have to offer HHS congrats also .The buzz went about at SK when the word spread about beating Ryle .No one put them in the mix .After all the spring break controversy and a bit of a rough start they are playing very well .That was a nice game to watch . Both teams seemed to be exhausted .I'd say they both would love the rain to wash Monday out .

If you saw the first CovCath vs Highlands game at CovCath, you saw this game also. The game came down to the CovCath outfielders of Stein, Reis and Nutini making the outstanding plays and the HHS guys not doing it. The HHS outfield didn't make any bad plays at all, but unlike the CovCath trio, HHS didn't make the outstanding plays.

 

HHS also took themselves out of the game in the sixth inning by some very overly agressive base running and again some very good "D" by the CovCath team.

 

Dan Koester had an great day in pitching six strong innings, giving up only 2 errand runs. Considering that Koester is used usually only in short relief, pitching six inning for the Colonels was huge today. Matthew Reis came in to close out HHS in the bottom of the seventh inning, and although HHS got some runners on, Reis was able to get the last HHS batter to hit a line shot to second baseman Larkin, who then threw over to Isler to double up the HHS runner to end the game.

 

CovCath hitting leaders were IMHO Nutini, Holochor, and Maile (I could have missed someone). This was a very good team victory, by a very tired CovCath baseball team, who have now played seven games in the last seven days (Monday SK- Tuesday Badin- Wednesday Boone- Friday Holmes- Saturday Scott & Conner Sunday Cov Holy Cross and Highlands and earning a record of 7-1 this week) CovCath is now 15-2

 

CovCath next plays Campbell County at Campbell County on Monday.

  • Author

By the way...... did anybody notice that Thomas Towles of HHS threw 3 times in these last 2 days? I watched his games and he threw 2 innings against Lloyd, 2 innings against Ryle, and then 3 2/3 innings against CovCath. I can understand wanting one of your best pitchers to throw against teams but this is ridiculous!

If you saw the first CovCath vs Highlands game at CovCath, you saw this game also. The game came down to the CovCath outfielders of Stein, Reis and Nutini making the outstanding plays and the HHS guys not doing it. The HHS outfield didn't make any bad plays at all, but they unlike the CovCath trio, HHS didn't make the outstanding plays.

 

HHS also took themselves out of the game in the sixth inning by some very overly agressive base running and again some very good "D" by the CovCath team.

 

Dan Koester had an great day in pitching six strong innings, giving up only 2 errand runs. Considering that Koester is used usually only in short relief, pitching six inning for the Colonels was huge today. Matthew Reis came in to close out HHS in the bottom of the seventh inning, and although HHS got some runners on, Reis was able to get the last HHS batter to hit a line shot to second baseman Larkin, who then threw over to Isler to double up the HHS runner to end the game.

 

CovCath hitting leaders were IMHO Nutini, Holochor, and Maile (I could have missed someone). This was a very good team victory, by a very tired CovCath baseball team, who have now played seven games in the last seven days (Monday SK- Tuesday Badin- Wednesday Boone- Friday Holmes- Saturday Scott & Conner Sunday Cov Holy Cross and Highlands and earning a record of 7-1 this week) CovCath is now 15-2

 

CovCath next plays Campbell County at Campbell County on Monday.

You got that right....The outcome could of been much different...Great job Birds!!!!!!!!!

 

CovCath hitting leaders were IMHO Nutini, Holochor, and Maile (I could have missed someone). This was a very good team victory, by a very tired CovCath baseball team, who have now played seven games in the last seven days (Monday SK- Tuesday Badin- Wednesday Boone- Friday Holmes- Saturday Scott & Conner Sunday Cov Holy Cross and Highlands and earning a record of 7-1 this week) CovCath is now 15-2

 

CovCath next plays Campbell County at Campbell County on Monday.

 

Is this for the week because I don't know about Nutini, I saw one hit, but Holocher was 1 for 3 and Maile was 1 for 4 today. Were these their hitting leaders? Their outfield was the difference in this one. Infield a little schetchy. Still a good game by both teams. HHS got their best(other than pitcher) and stayed with them. Maybe it will be like the Holmes-CCH series in basketball this year. Can't beat a team four times in a year. See ya in Regions!:D

By the way...... did anybody notice that Thomas Towles of HHS threw 3 times in these last 2 days? I watched his games and he threw 2 innings against Lloyd, 2 innings against Ryle, and then 3 2/3 innings against CovCath. I can understand wanting one of your best pitchers to throw against teams but this is ridiculous!

 

He threw about 60 pitches in the 2 innings against Ryle.

Towles did get a little tired in the Cov. Cath. game. When he was fresh Lloyd or Ryle never really touched him. He struck out 4 in both games.

He threw about 60 pitches in the 2 innings against Ryle.

 

Wow, that's a lot of pitches to be throwing in a game, and then to come back and start against CovCath a hour or so later and pitch 3 2/3 inings... No wonder I heard some grumblings about a not to happy HHS parent.

 

I know the HHS coaches are trying to turn the program around, but at whose expense?

Wow, that's a lot of pitches to be throwing in a game, and then to come back and start against CovCath a hour or so later and pitch 3 2/3 inings... No wonder I heard some grumblings about a not to happy HHS parent.

 

I know the HHS coaches are trying to turn the program around, but at whose expense?

 

 

It seemed there was an upset parent about this situation . I thought you could not do this in high school .What is the rule on pitching in high school ?

Wow, that's a lot of pitches to be throwing in a game, and then to come back and start against CovCath a hour or so later and pitch 3 2/3 inings... No wonder I heard some grumblings about a not to happy HHS parent.

 

I know the HHS coaches are trying to turn the program around, but at whose expense?

 

Was told that player and parent agreed to it. I would think that the coaches know better than that wouldn't you. They continued to ask and he was good to go. They kept track of his pitches and they felt as coaches it was the right thing to do. I guess if you look back, if they would have pulled him, the outcome would have been different. Also if he would have done better that one inning then the coaches would have been right. And the so called parent would be happy. Easy to point fingers isn't it.

Towles did get a little tired in the Cov. Cath. game. When he was fresh Lloyd or Ryle never really touched him. He struck out 4 in both games.

 

threw about 5 or 6 pitches to 12 batters, walked 4, gave up a hit and struck out 3. That's 60 to 66 pitches easily....and I know the Cov Cath boys are discliplined hitters, not too many 1st pitch hitters play for coach K.

It seemed there was an upset parent about this situation . I thought you could not do this in high school .What is the rule on pitching in high school ?

 

Since he did not throw 3 innings prior to today's last game, there is no rest requirement by the KHSAA. There is a limit on how many innings(15 I believe) that he can throw in 7 days.

Was told that player and parent agreed to it. I would think that the coaches know better than that wouldn't you. They continued to ask and he was good to go. They kept track of his pitches and they felt as coaches it was the right thing to do. I guess if you look back, if they would have pulled him, the outcome would have been different.

 

 

Yes ,I think or would hope to think the coachs know better .Not accusing anyone of wrong doing .The outcome may have been different ,but Cov Cath did not score after that inning ( I think this is right ).Correct me if I am wrong about that .It just seemed a parent was concerned about his well-being .

Pitching Rules:

 

Innings remaining in seven day period (maximum 15 innings in any seven day period)

 

Days Rest Required - Mandatory rest required for this appearance

3-5 innings = 1 day rest starting following day

6 innings = 2 days rest starting following day

7-9 innings = 3 days rest starting following day

 

Date Next Eligible To Pitch - list date following the required number of days rest.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.