Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Blue/White Spring Game recap

Featured Replies

I'm sure there are a few people here that want to read about this, figured I would pass the link along. : )

 

Sparked by two touchdown drives in the fourth quarter, the Blue defeated the White, 65-50, in the Blue/White Spring Game on Saturday afternoon before a crowd of approximately 5,000 in Commonwealth Stadium.

 

The game was played in an offense (Blue) vs. defense (White) format in which the offense scored points for first downs, touchdowns, and field goals, while the defense tallied points by stopping the offense and creating turnovers (scoring system at the bottom of the release).

 

“I thought the scrimmage went pretty well,” Coach Rich Brooks said. “I think people can see athletic plays being made on both sides of the ball. I think it is pretty clear that our defense is a little more aggressive at this point and on their toes a little more rather than on their heels.”

 

 

http://www.ukathletics.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=39&url_article_id=19999&change_well_id=2

  • Replies 51
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was pretty cool to see the UK team with the Virginia Tech logo on one side of their helmet and the coaches wearing VT hats.

Was it 1s vs 1s? If I recall correctly, it wasn't last year.

5K?? weak....with the score being that close the offense must have looked poor, and with that sieve like defense...that can't be good.

Only 70k strong during the real season. I know 33k were at the race track yesterday.

Only 70k strong during the real season. I know 33k were at the race track yesterday.

How often do they get 70k? :sssh:

Looks like Nevels showed well with 5 tackles and a pick for the defense.

How often do they get 70k? :sssh:

 

More than UL.:sssh:

Last year's home games:

 

Texas State - 57,136

Ole Miss - 60,338

Central Michigan - 54,566

USC - 61,449

Georgia - 62,120

Vanderbilt - 52,235

Louisiana-Monroe - 53,463

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

Avg: 57,329 (hardly 70K strong)

 

 

 

 

 

Louisville sells out their's....smaller or not...that says something.

 

 

Louisville sells out there's....smaller or not...that says something.

:lol:

5K?? weak....with the score being that close the offense must have looked poor, and with that sieve like defense...that can't be good.

So we can judge UK by the scrimmage but not Brohm. Interesting.

:lol:

Laugh...but the excitement is different...and Louisville has left "big brother" far behind.

So we can judge UK by the scrimmage but not Brohm. Interesting.

The scoring was different...the plan was different...the "contact" rules were different....so no...we can't compare.

Laugh...but the excitement is different...and Louisville has left "big brother" far behind.

It's just a fact that Spring Football isn't very high on the agenda in Lexington. Like someone said, 33K were at Keeneland today.

 

UK packing in 57K a game compared to UL's 40K regardless of stadium size says something.

The scoring was different...the plan was different...the "contact" rules were different....so no...we can't compare.

No I get it... Brohm threw 4 picks but looked GREAT.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.