Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Honest UK Question

Featured Replies

And I know you are wrong. But thanks for playing...

 

Yeah because Gillispie has been a head coach so long that you know everything about him.:rolleyes:

  • Replies 52
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we will see a more of a aggresive style on offense with Bluegrass Billy than we did with Tubby, but it would just be a more of a aggresive half court type thing. Its not going to the real high uptempo that people are thinking its going to be though IMO...

Yeah because Gillispie has been a head coach so long that you know everything about him.:rolleyes:

I know his 5 year history well, and it proves you wrong and me right. Fair enough???

I think we will see a more of a aggresive style on offense with Bluegrass Billy than we did with Tubby, but it would just be a more of a aggresive half court type thing. Its not going to the real high uptempo that people are thinking its going to be though IMO...

And that's what I was saying...

And that's what I was saying...

 

:thumb:

I think we will see a more of a aggresive style on offense with Bluegrass Billy than we did with Tubby, but it would just be a more of a aggresive half court type thing. Its not going to the real high uptempo that people are thinking its going to be though IMO...

 

I'm not sure what people are expecting. I think they're expecting a more exciting and aggressive style of offense...just as you stated. I think most people that have any knowledge at all of Gillispie knows that he isn't going to play like Bruce Pearl or Pitino's Bombinos.

 

But, as I said earlier, a more exciting and aggressive offense that gives the scorers more freedom and caters more to the talent at hand will be a huge upgrade from what we previously watched. That's what I'm expecting...and excited about.

  • Author
I'm not sure what people are expecting. I think they're expecting a more exciting and aggressive style of offense...just as you stated. I think most people that have any knowledge at all of Gillispie knows that he isn't going to play like Bruce Pearl or Pitino's Bombinos.

 

But, as I said earlier, a more exciting and aggressive offense that gives the scorers more freedom and caters more to the talent at hand will be a huge upgrade from what we previously watched. That's what I'm expecting...and excited about.

The bolded is what bothers me about those who did not like Tubby.

 

One camp as you seem to fit into with the bolded is that he stifled their individual play.

 

The other camp was tired of watching players dribbling around looking to create something instead of running a patterned offense with cutting, picks, etc. Joe Crawford complaints.

 

So you have the same glass of water seen half empty by some and half full by the other. UK fans complaining about both with the same offense.

 

To me, that says they WANTED something to complain about instead of actually having something to complain about.

The bolded is what bothers me about those who did not like Tubby.

 

One camp as you seem to fit into with the bolded is that he stifled their individual play.

 

The other camp was tired of watching players dribbling around looking to create something instead of running a patterned offense with cutting, picks, etc. Joe Crawford complaints.

 

So you have the same glass of water seen half empty by some and half full by the other. UK fans complaining about both with the same offense.

 

To me, that says they WANTED something to complain about instead of actually having something to complain about.

 

Not much a guy can do but dribble around when the other four guys are just standing there...it's hard to get open when you don't move...

 

You see it your way, I see it mine.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.