Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach Gillispie to be on Mike and Mike this morning

Featured Replies

:laugh: :rolleyes: I love some peoples crazy statements. So now you saying Tubby had UK play an easy schedule while here? Tubby every year while here, played one of the toughest non conference schedules in the country. And yes I know this past year we didn't beat any ranked teams, but for being here 10 years and having averaged 26 wins a year, that must mean that he had to beat some of those tough non conference teams he played, and also dominating the whole SEC for pretty much 8 out of the 10 years he was here...But good stament there by you! :rolleyes:

 

 

He also delivered babies, walked on water, and single handedly ended the war in Iraq. We know already....

  • Replies 43
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pitino was great, no question...Tubby was very good, no question... IMO, either can coach the x's and o's and i'd be fine with it... Pitino was a better recruiter or at least a better analizer of talent...Other than that, no difference...Matter of fact, Tubby probably did a better job with what he had, because the talent level wasn't that of Pitinos, but, still managed to win at the same rate and the schedule has been just as tough....

I'm really not here to bash Tubby because he is a nice guy but this 26 wins a season stat is driving me crazy.

 

Yes that sounds good but for one if you play 38 games 26 wins don't mean a whole lot. Cincinnati Reds win like 80 something games a year so lets put this thing in to context here.

 

Tubby had over a .700 winning percentage and so did Pitino so the Tubby lover throws that stat at you.

 

Mean Averages are not a great way to look at things. You could win 30 games for 5 years 30 games a season and then win 10 games a season for 5 years and you have a 67% winning percentage and you have lost (2/3) of your games for the last 5 years. People always want to use stats around here, so ok lets do it. There is a reason things like Standard Deviations were invented in Math or Stats for "Outliers" which basically means a "Tubby National Championship" Someone who wins 32 games once should not always be rewarded with high averages because one over powering number.

 

As for Pitino's teams they were awful early .500 or so and he worked his way from the bottom up to having over .700 win percentage while Tubby won a Title early and jacked his percentage up REALLY HIGH and slowly fell down into a good looking win percentage that is carried over too much from his early part at UK.

 

First of all I want to give you around of applause for this nice long post, and I guess I was wrong you can do math, bravo! However you say that you not here to bash Tubby, but from the looks of it, you whole long post here, all seems to be leading to away to bash Tubby..Also its funny that you went away from what originally started this discussion between us. You originally stated about how Tubby got that winning percentage because he beat teams like Eastern and Santa Clara. And I simply pointed out that was not true, because as I said we had one of the toughest schedules in the nation in the non conference every year Tubby was here. So Tubby would have had to beat some of those tough non conference teams to get to those 30 win season that you talked about that would even out percentages. Also he woudl have had to beat them to get his 28 or so wins as well. So you tried in your original post to put Tubby down, but stating the wins over some not so good teams and tried to make it sound like those were the only wins Tubby ever got, and that is not true. And so I pointed that out to you, and so now you changed the subject to how you dont like the whole 26 wins per season people use...So this all started in typyical fashion with people who try to put down Tubby, but twisting the truth and trying to make it sound like it was always like that instead of it only being like that for this past year. And in more typical fashion, once someone calls a person out on them twisting the truth of one subject, they try to change to something else, because they have nothing to support their original argument...

 

So now that we have this settled, because there is obviously nothing more to discuss here. Lets move and not discuss or put down Tubby anymore, because there is no reason too, because he is gone like you all wanted....:thumb:

^Tubby's gone, get over it. Did everyone cry like this when Pitino left??? Okay, bad example.

He also delivered babies, walked on water, and single handedly ended the war in Iraq. We know already....

 

Another post by you that is nothing but class! I know I have tried to move on from this, but for some reason there is someone in every thread that is not even about Tubby, that likes to take a shot at him. So if they are going to do that I am going to defend him, especially when what they say is something that is just twisting the truth into something that is not true...:sssh:

Also pretty good success period in your life time not only against the Cards. Don't get me wrong I am not a Card hater such as you are a UK hater. The Cards have always been my 2nd favorite team. I know it is hard for you to admit but UK is a Mecca. You don't just get to pick out the time span of UK history that you want to consider as some seem to do on this site. :D

 

The only reason I dislike UK is because of their fan base...I've made that clear several times. UK WAS a Mecca, they are not anymore. Could they get back to that status, of course. IMO, it's hard to STILL consider yourself THE Mecca of College B-ball when you havent done anything in almost a decade...You all can continue believe UK's stuff doesn't stink, and I'll continue to disagree...:thumb:

^Tubby's gone, get over it. Did everyone cry like this when Pitino left??? Okay, bad example.

 

Seriously you really need to start reading more post from people, and know what they think of stuff before you say anything, because it just makes you look bad.. If you have seen in threads, I am over Tubby, and am VERY HAPPY with our new coach. Yet there are people like you and others, who FOR SOME REASON, still want to try to make some wise smart elic comment about Tubby still in just about everything. So it is those people like you that keep this going on, most of us who supported Tubby have stopped with this, and only still argue it when someone goes out of their way to bash him again...

Also well I am getting off of here now, so it was nice having this GREAT discussion with you all over something that shouldn't even be discussed anymore...:thumb:

Another post by you that is nothing but class! I know I have tried to move on from this, but for some reason there is someone in every thread that is not even about Tubby, that likes to take a shot at him. So if they are going to do that I am going to defend him, especially when what they say is something that is just twisting the truth into something that is not true...:sssh:

 

 

Are you trying to say he didn't walk on water...

Seriously you really need to start reading more post from people, and know what they think of stuff before you say anything, because it just makes you look bad.. If you have seen in threads, I am over Tubby, and am VERY HAPPY with our new coach. Yet there are people like you and others, who FOR SOME REASON, still want to try to make some wise smart elic comment about Tubby still in just about everything. So it is those people like you that keep this going on, most of us who supported Tubby have stopped with this, and only still argue it when someone goes out of their way to bash him again...

 

 

Gosh I'm sorry. I liked Tubby if it makes you feel any better.

:sleep: I think they have had pretty much owned the Cards in basketball and had pretty good success in your life time. :D

 

Some people may not be old enough to remember but 7 beats 2 anytime!!!

I know it is hard for you to admit but UK is a Mecca.

Your boy Donovan disagreed.
Your boy Donovan disagreed.

What makes you think Donovan is my boy. I have never posted on here of what coach I wanted. I would like to see a link to something that Donovan said this. Just because he was not interested in the UK job, you are putting words in his mouth. :rolleyes:

The only reason I dislike UK is because of their fan base...I've made that clear several times. UK WAS a Mecca, they are not anymore. Could they get back to that status, of course. IMO, it's hard to STILL consider yourself THE Mecca of College B-ball when you have done anything in almost a decade...You all can continue believe UK's stuff doesn't stink, and I'll continue to disagree...:thumb:

 

And you are no better than the fan base you don't like with your continually hating of UK. It is alright that you dislike UK, but do you have to chime in with your hatred on every UK thread? If you have this much hatred at your young age what are you going to be like when your my age. You would fit in very well with our 18%. Deuce have a good day and try to look past some of our idiot fans. We are not all like that. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.