Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mitch Barnhart

Featured Replies

if UK fans want a good recruiter and coach, go get calapari.

I missed the report that said Tubby got fired...unless asking a coach who's been struggling to recruit to make some changes on his staff is the same as firing him.

One thing I have learned through all of this is people will believe want they want to believe. It amazes me.

YES YES YES....people can say he is doing great blah, blah, blah...but if the next guy comes in and tanks...he and Barnhart will get the axe...and then UK will spend millions upon millions bringing in a new AD and men's coach.

So you think if BD would have taken the job and tanked then both are fired?

One thing I have learned through all of this is people will believe want they want to believe. It amazes me.

 

:thumb: :lol: That much is true...

 

I don't have a problem with saying Tubby was ran off by an unhappy fan base because I believe that is true to some degree, but it's not the only factor in his decision to leave. What I don't like is trying to say Barnhardt fired/forced him out, when it seems that Barnhardt was fully prepared to bring him back with some changes on his coaching staff, which shouldn't have been a shock considering the direction things were going.

Tubby ran, he wasn't shoved.

Right. He left a place where he was universally loved and supported for The U. Keep telling yourself that.

 

He isn't the first coach (nor will he be the last) who has fallen on his sword instead of firing the assistants that he put in place. Believe it or not, some consider that an honorable quality.

 

Do I think Mitch thought OTS would call his bluff and just leave...no, I really think Mitch planned on it going differently.

Right. He left a place where he was universally loved and supported for The U. Keep telling yourself that.

 

He isn't the first coach (nor will he be the last) who has fallen on his sword instead of firing the assistants that he put in place. Believe it or not, some consider that an honorable quality.

 

Do I think Mitch thought OTS would call his bluff and just leave...no, I really think Mitch planned on it going differently.

 

:thumb: I think Barnhardt thought Tubby would return as well.

 

But, whatever the case, I don't think Barnhardt was wrong in asking Tubby to make some changes. Tubby chose not to...maybe because of honor...or maybe because he was just ready to leave. I don't think Barnhardt deserves the blame for Tubby leaving...the fans certainly deserve some, but Barnhardt deserves very little, if any, IMO. The hatred toward Mitch Barnhardt is just a mystery to me. I don't get it at all.

I don't think Barnhardt deserves the blame for Tubby leaving...the fans certainly deserve some, but Barnhardt deserves very little, if any, IMO. The hatred toward Mitch Barnhardt is just a mystery to me. I don't get it at all.

 

 

:ylsuper:

Does anyone think that Mitch is feeling like Anne Boleyn right now?

 

:lol:

Every UK Athletic Director is forever judged on his hiring of the Men's Basketball Coach. As fair or unfair as it is that is the way it will always be. Make no mistake if Barnhart drops the ball here then we will be looking for an AD some time in the near future.

So you think if BD would have taken the job and tanked then both are fired?

Nope...but Plan B is completely different

Are their any PAC-10 coaches in the hunt? Barnhart seems to be partial to the west coast, it has worked so well with Brooks. Washington and Gonzaga has good upcoming coaches.

Does anyone think that Mitch is feeling like Anne Boleyn right now?

 

:lol:

:laugh: Where is my sword?

Off with his head!

if UK fans want a good recruiter and coach, go get calapari.
I agree !!:thumb: :jump:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.