Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Huggins and WVU?

Featured Replies

WVU has issued a full media black out until the new coach is hired...

  • Replies 54
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Again, he lost that first semester of college and can't get it back, correct? Why did he lose it? Because he was still in high school wrapping up. Would high school no longer be considered "academics?" And that's why he didn't get to play the first semester; he had to finish his academics somewhere else.

 

I understand what your saying and maybe were arguing about sematics (sp) here. But, I don't think Walker's NCAA eligibility clock started until he actually enrolled at K-State, making what he did the first semester irrelevant.

 

If he had gone to a prep school and played this season, then enrolled wherever, I'm pretty sure he'd have had four years of NCAA eligibility. I could be wrong, maybe someone like GT knows more, but that's how I interpret the situation.

I understand what your saying and maybe were arguing about sematics (sp) here. But, I don't think Walker's NCAA eligibility clock started until he actually enrolled at K-State, making what he did the first semester irrelevant.

 

If he had gone to a prep school and played this season, then enrolled wherever, I'm pretty sure he'd have had four years of NCAA eligibility. I could be wrong, maybe someone like GT knows more, but that's how I interpret the situation.

Once the clock starts you get five years to complete four seasons. He didn't get the waiver for this year so it counts as a full season...

Gee gametime, no lie, i feel bad for you. Must be a real tough spot for a Marshall alum and such a big Huggy Bear fan..

Can Bill Walker come back close to home without sitting out?

Once the clock starts you get five years to complete four seasons. He didn't get the waiver for this year so it counts as a full season...

 

Sure he did. Its called a medical Red Shirt. Walker will be a Freshman again next year.

 

I'm not sure of the extent of the injury to Bill Walker's knee, but maybe a year in practice might be what he needs. Then he can come to the court fully rehabed and then look at going Pro.

 

I mean lets face it the kid will be a 21 (I guess) year old sophomore and better things will be ahead of him. In all seriousness what's 1 year when your thinking about millions of dollars. Longevity in the NBA is Bill should be thinking about instead of money a year from now.

Can Bill Walker come back close to home without sitting out?

 

No, but he could spend the year rehabing he knee at WVU and practicing with the team. Think about what another year of conditioning and rehab would do for this kid:eek:

Sure he did. Its called a medical Red Shirt. Walker will be a Freshman again next year.

He didn't get a medical redshirt. How was I unclear on that???

He played over the % of games to get a medical redshirt...

 

I must not be able to read:thumb:

 

The point is the kid would still be the same age if he had gotten the Red Shirt and its more than likely he'll not play out the 5 years so that's my point:cool:

What is crazy about this hire for me is it shows how much you can trust your "sources." All the "fans" was telling me hes the man and he will go to WVU. But I have some friends (the guys at Metro News) which is a premier station for WVU and a close friend who is with Morgantown paper and they all told me at first when the fans was telling me he would go that he wasnt going and it was going to be the guy from WVU.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.