March 29, 200719 yr Yesterday, Rome stated he is hurting his team by swimming around the the questions. This has become a bigger story for Florida than their chance at a repeat. If they lose, Rome said people will blame Billy for the distraction. IMO...He could have told UK yes I am interested and on TV state at this time I am not interested in UK or any other job not named Florida.
March 29, 200719 yr Sad thing is, if UCLA wins, Florida fan will use that as an excuse if he leaves. Let's not credit the OTHER team for being the better team and beating us on that day. Florida fans certainly wouldn't be the first use to not give the other team credit.
March 29, 200719 yr Author Sad thing is, if UCLA wins, Florida fan will use that as an excuse if he leaves. Let's not credit the OTHER team for being the better team and beating us on that day. Florida fans certainly wouldn't be the first use to not give the other team credit. So true... :sssh:
March 29, 200719 yr Yesterday, Rome stated he is hurting his team by swimming around the the questions. This has become a bigger story for Florida than their chance at a repeat. If they lose, Rome said people will blame Billy for the distraction. IMO...He could have told UK yes I am interested and on TV state at this time I am not interested in UK or any other job not named Florida. I can't see it having any affect on the outcome of the games. Who has made it a story anyway? Members of the media such as Rome?
March 29, 200719 yr Did Rome blasts any of the players with the talk on who will be going pro after the season and whether they will be back or not affecting the outcome of the game?
March 29, 200719 yr Did Rome blasts any of the players with the talk on who will be going pro after the season and whether they will be back or not affecting the outcome of the game? I think 10 years ago or whatever it may have been a factor. But it's so normal now for kids to leave. I think that's the first thing anyone says about an athlete after he has a great start to the year. You wouldn't even make it to conference games in January and everyone starts asking the coaches and players if so and so will return. With that said, I'm sure it might be a distraction for some teams, but Florida seems to turn it off and on whenever they want. Whether or not that will cost them, we are going to find out.
March 29, 200719 yr IMO...He could have told UK yes I am interested and on TV state at this time I am not interested in UK or any other job not named Florida. Then fans start picking apart those words. The only way around it is to blatantly lie and say how you'd never leave Florida. Then you've got upset fans that you lied to them. It's a fine line to walk.
March 29, 200719 yr Author HC, why do I know that girl in your avatar? Is that Neve Campbell? I think the tennis players mug shot. Capriati Not sure how to spell it...
March 29, 200719 yr Author Then fans start picking apart those words. The only way around it is to blatantly lie and say how you'd never leave Florida. Then you've got upset fans that you lied to them. It's a fine line to walk. If he wants to go, then the lie ticks off his fans at the school he no longer will be at. They will be mad when he leaves anyway...
March 29, 200719 yr I think the tennis players mug shot. Capriati Not sure how to spell it... Is that the new avatar rage? Celebrity mug shots?
March 29, 200719 yr Author Is that the new avatar rage? Celebrity mug shots? I like Nick Nolte's the best...:lol:
March 29, 200719 yr Did Rome blasts any of the players with the talk on who will be going pro after the season and whether they will be back or not affecting the outcome of the game?The question of whether they'll be back doesn't eclipse the hype of the game. And before we bash the media for making it the big story, lets remember what drives the media's focus- us, the fans.
March 29, 200719 yr Yesterday, Rome stated he is hurting his team by swimming around the the questions. This has become a bigger story for Florida than their chance at a repeat. If they lose, Rome said people will blame Billy for the distraction. IMO...He could have told UK yes I am interested and on TV state at this time I am not interested in UK or any other job not named Florida. If a coach is going to leave a school, he is pretty much in a no win situation when it comes to addressing the media. He can lie like most coaches and say he is not going anywhere, and then two days later leave, and have people say stuff about him lying. Or he could do what he is doing now and not really answering the question, but yet still this doesn't have people happy either...There is not much you can do in this situation as a coach...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.