Gillispie Expected to Stay at Texas A&M

Hangman

http://chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4668232.html

Texas A&M basketball coach Billy Gillispie will remain head coach of the basketball program he has turned into a national power, three high-ranking officials close to and within the A&M system have confirmed.

Gillispie apparently has not officially confirmed to athletic director Bill Byrne or the regents that he will accept a new contract that will pay him in the neighborhood of $2 million a year, including guarantees added to the deal that runs through 2012. But regents and athletic department officials feel confident the new deal, and construction on the new A&M basketball facility scheduled to begin Monday, are the guarantees Gillispie was pursuing.

That's a nice offer but it's clear he's still keeping his options open...

:thumb: Definitely why I put "expected"... When I first clicked the link, the title "Gillispie will remain head coach at A&M" made it seem like a sure thing.

So let's see...

Rick Pitino - NO

John Calipari - NO

Bruce Pearl - NO

Billy Gillespie - NO

There are 2-3 left...things are getting interesting.

Gillispie (its an I, not an E) has not denied interest.

Gillispie apparently has not officially confirmed to athletic director Bill Byrne or the regents that he will accept a new contract

The administration has said he's coming back, but HE hasn't. So he is FAR from a NO. Pearl was never an option, and Pitino was barely one. So that leaves 1 coach ruled out.

Stop being a hater.

So let's see...

Rick Pitino - NO

John Calipari - NO

Bruce Pearl - NO

Billy Gillespie - NO

There are 2-3 left...things are getting interesting.

Well, more than two or three. Billy D, Few, Wright, Matta would be the 4 remaining candidates.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:laugh:

Yeah.. ignore all the rest of the post where I make all the valid points. :thumb:

At this point, I hope UK hires Josh Carrier to come back and coach and we still beat UofL every year just to shut you guys up. You're really becoming obnoxious.

Yeah.. ignore all the rest of the post where I make all the valid points. :thumb:

At this point, I hope UK hires Josh Carrier to come back and coach and we still beat UofL every year just to shut you guys up. You're really becoming obnoxious.

Then why'd you want Tubby gone?? He beat UofL quite regularly....