Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Interesting Fact

Featured Replies

The 9th region teams have been knocked out of the tourament by the state champ or runner up the last four years. Is this the year the 9th stops becoming a bridesmaid?

The 9th region teams have been knocked out of the tourament by the state champ or runner up the last four years. Is this the year the 9th stops becoming a bridesmaid?

 

Short and sweet, no.

The 9th region teams have been knocked out of the tourament by the state champ or runner up the last four years. Is this the year the 9th stops becoming a bridesmaid?

 

I think the answer is no, but I think this is a good point and or thread.

 

You can probably take it back 10 years and really make a good arguement. In 2002 Ryle lost to a Warren Central team that then lost, but in 2001 Highlands lost to a team still playing on Saturday, in 2000 Newport Catholic lost to a team still playing on Saturday, in 1999 Highlands lost to a team still playing on Saturday, in 98 Highlands lost to the state champions, and so on.

 

What's the point? The ninth has had a run of bad draws. With different draws, Holmes in 05, St. Henry in 03, NewCath in 00, Highlands in 99 and 98 could have played on Saturday. I think this year's Holmes team will make Saturday, but I don't think they're as good as any of the teams I just mentioned, they're really not even close.

 

The ninth deserves some of the criticism it receives about Sweet 16 performances, but not nearly as much as it gets. It's all about the draw, and this was the first good one since 04.

I think the answer is no, but I think this is a good point and or thread.

 

You can probably take it back 10 years and really make a good arguement. In 2002 Ryle lost to a Warren Central team that then lost, but in 2001 Highlands lost to a team still playing on Saturday, in 2000 Newport Catholic lost to a team still playing on Saturday, in 1999 Highlands lost to a team still playing on Saturday, in 98 Highlands lost to the state champions, and so on.

 

What's the point? The ninth has had a run of bad draws. With different draws, Holmes in 05, St. Henry in 03, NewCath in 00, Highlands in 99 and 98 could have played on Saturday. I think this year's Holmes team will make Saturday, but I don't think they're as good as any of the teams I just mentioned, they're really not even close.

 

The ninth deserves some of the criticism it receives about Sweet 16 performances, but not nearly as much as it gets. It's all about the draw, and this was the first good one since 04.

 

Couldn't have said it any better myself. The draw has everything to do with it.

Draw or no draw St. Henry would have played on Saturday, but for the injury to Otte. Even the Mason Co. fans who sat near me had mixed emotions. They knew they were advancing because of an injury and no one with any sense wants to see a kid injured, especially in that situation.

Draw or no draw St. Henry would have played on Saturday, but for the injury to Otte. Even the Mason Co. fans who sat near me had mixed emotions. They knew they were advancing because of an injury and no one with any sense wants to see a kid injured, especially in that situation.

 

It wasn't Otte that got injured vs Mason County. It was their big center, whose name escapes me at the moment.

Draw or no draw St. Henry would have played on Saturday, but for the injury to Otte. Even the Mason Co. fans who sat near me had mixed emotions. They knew they were advancing because of an injury and no one with any sense wants to see a kid injured, especially in that situation.

 

 

What kills me about this situation is people just automatically assume that St. Henry wins this game if there isn't an injury. I'm a 9th region fan and I wanted St. henry to win, but wouldn't they have had to finish the game? I've also heard that b/c Mason won it all St. Henry would have. It was a very unfortunate injury and I wish it would have been different, but I'm tired of hearing that they 100% would have won that game.

What kills me about this situation is people just automatically assume that St. Henry wins this game if there isn't an injury. I'm a 9th region fan and I wanted St. henry to win, but wouldn't they have had to finish the game? I've also heard that b/c Mason won it all St. Henry would have. It was a very unfortunate injury and I wish it would have been different, but I'm tired of hearing that they 100% would have won that game.

 

I have to agree with this. St. Henry was really good, but Mason County had a kid some of you may remember named Lofton who may have just made a few more plays down the stretch to gain a win. He did it the next year against Trinity.

 

Oldham County would have been a tougher matchup for St. Henry than for Mason, because they were big. St. Henry was the better team had the two played though.

 

Hopkinsville in the semi's would have been very difficult for St. Henry because of their sheer athleticism and the fact they pressed well, something Ninth Region teams don't play against much.

 

A lot more Could've than WOULD"VE here.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.