Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 Pikeville

Featured Replies

To some other points in this thread:

 

CE: we're returning some VERY talented and VERY hard-working kids in the backfield. Most know of Daniel Harmon (Jr-to-be), Ted Honaker (Sr), and Tim Honaker (Sr), but some others like Chaz Jackson (Sr), Josh Mullins (Jr), and Houston McAnallen (Soph) have had VERY good off-seasons in the weight room and have looked impressive this spring.

 

NCF: we will host perennial 1A power Louisville Holy Cross on Saturday, Aug. 25 in the PCB. In addition, we'll be challenged with other non-district games against big-school powers Ashland and LexCath along with our traditional area rivals Belfry and Prestonsburg.

 

iP: as our guys learned the hard way last year, the minute you start thinking about how "easy" your road is, that's exactly when do something stupid that runs yourself right off it! The only "road" we're concerned with is the one that leads to Holy Cross in the FIRST game. After that, we'll think ONLY about Ashland. Etc. Etc. Etc.

 

ofc: Nice of you to say that, and I appreciate it personally. However, the BEST things going about Pikeville football right now are the players (talent! work-ethic! and CHARACTER!!!) and the INCREDIBLE assistant coaches we've got. If the head coach didn't show up for a week or two, trust me, we'd still be in VERY good shape. Having an administration that really CARES about your success and REALIZES what's necessary to make that happen with football helps a WHOLE lot too.

Coach I love your work and I can't wait to see you and Pikeville get your first state title.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach I love your work and I can't wait to see you and Pikeville get your first state title.
Id like to see that too. But I think Coach would agree that thats entirely up to the team. If they stay focused and stay hungry its untelling how far they can go.

OK, so what's the early word on Pikeville??? How many came out, and how has practice been so far???

Amen, brother.

 

Only one small correction: WE are only focused on Week 1 Holy Cross.

I hear that plus that is the game I will be making the five plus hour drive to watch and I do want to see a big win.:D

Sounds like CoachJ has Pikeville headed in the right direction. I would agree with everyone that it looks like Pikeville has one of the hardest non-district schedules in 1A. CoachJ is well known for not ducking anyone and preparing his teams for each week's opponent. He showed that at his previous position by being willing to take on St. X, Trinity (who was in their district), and Male. I also know his coaching staff is working their tails off to give the kids every advantage as they go into this season. I wish him and the Pikeville faithful luck as they enter the new season.:ylsuper:

Anytime you play Ashland, its no small job to come out of Putnam with a win. Ashlands been tough for as long as I can remember so it will not be an easy task for Pikeville.

Coming out of Putnam with a win is almost as difficult as getting Ashland to agree to terms on a home-and-home series. :D

 

I am really excited for the Pikeville program this season, and as long as Belfry wins when they meet at mid-season, I hope for the Panthers to turn some heads and make the mountains proud! I think that this year, moreso than most, their is a definitive chance for two Pike County teams to play on the carpet.

Coming out of Putnam with a win is almost as difficult as getting Ashland to agree to terms on a home-and-home series. :D

 

I am really excited for the Pikeville program this season, and as long as Belfry wins when they meet at mid-season, I hope for the Panthers to turn some heads and make the mountains proud! I think that this year, moreso than most, their is a definitive chance for two Pike County teams to play on the carpet.

Id love to see Pikeville and Belfry both at the "The Big Slice" next year. Both of us would have a home game IMO if that were the case.

^^^It can happen.

An even better scenario. If Pikeville goes in 1a, Prestonsburg or Breathitt in 2a, Belfry in 3a, Bell Co. in 4a, Johnson Central in 5a. Youd have ALL of eastern KY at Louisville. That would be awesome!!!!:thumb:

^:thumb:

 

Has Pikeville scheduled their home scrimmage yet?

^:thumb:

 

Has Pikeville scheduled their home scrimmage yet?

I was told we were scrimmaging Shleby Valley at home when the boys get back from camp but I havent got any confirmation on that with the coaches.

Coming out of Putnam with a win is almost as difficult as getting Ashland to agree to terms on a home-and-home series. :D

I am really excited for the Pikeville program this season, and as long as Belfry wins when they meet at mid-season, I hope for the Panthers to turn some heads and make the mountains proud! I think that this year, moreso than most, their is a definitive chance for two Pike County teams to play on the carpet.

 

 

I'd just assume play Cabell Midland.;)

 

They can keep their uppety butts up U.S. 23 for all I'm concerned.

I'd just assume play Cabell Midland.;)

 

They can keep their uppety butts up U.S. 23 for all I'm concerned.

 

:lol: :jump::ylsuper:

I'd just assume play Cabell Midland.;)

 

They can keep their uppety butts up U.S. 23 for all I'm concerned.

HAHA, I'd rather play Wayne, WV to be honest.

The good news for Pikeville this year in regards to Ashland is the fact the Tomcats were severely depleted by graduation and lost nearly their entire offensive unit. They do return Matt Thomas, but I feel as if this is a winnable game. The question remains is Pikeville 3TD's better than Ashland? Cause that's about what it takes to get out of Putnam with a 7 point win. HAHA

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.