Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott Co.

Featured Replies

Nice Article in Lex Herald on their first ever trip to the sweet sixteen. That is what makes the Sweet Sixteen so special. That is why Ky High School Basketball does not need to go to a class system. It is a special event. Congrats to Elliot Co.

AMEN!

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truly a great article. On a side note,it is a shame that two Rose Hill posters started bickering with each other and got the Ashalnd-Elliott County thread closed. It would have been nice for once to discuss a 16th region game without a Rose Hill conflict shutting it down.:fight:

 

 

Do you realize that you have made the only negative post on this thread. It didn't sound like two Rose Hill posters, but one Ashland and one Rose Hill poster. Remember you brought Rose Hill into this thread.

Good luck to the Lions. I hope that they are able to bring back a trophey to the 16th Region. Even if they don't I am sure they will represent this Region well.

Congrats to Coach Rick Mays and his boys! What a great tournament. We are looking forward to following you guys to Rupp! Been a while since we have broadcasted from there, can't wait!!

Do you realize that you have made the only negative post on this thread. It didn't sound like two Rose Hill posters, but one Ashland and one Rose Hill poster. Remember you brought Rose Hill into this thread.

 

I realize who it was. I apologize for making a negative post. I was enjoying the other thread until it got shut down by things that had nothing to do with the game or thread. Those Elliott County players know they are near and dear to me and their accomplishments make the whole county proud. The kids and parents have worked harder than can be imagined and sacrificed greatly in time and money to develop their talent, but their attitude and heart is what won this championship. I think their style will win over many fans at Rupp.

Elliott County is an amazing team in that they are so young to be so talented! 7 spoh.'s, 2 jrs. and an 8th grader :scared: ! I agree with an earlier post in that I believe the crowd at Rupp will kind of "adopt" this team. The community in Sandy hook lives, loves, eats, drinks and sleeps basketball ! Elliot doesn't have a football program, so b.b. is the only game in town.

 

Best of Luck to the "pride of Sandy Hook" :dancingpa , their story is what high school basketball is all about.

 

(We may have found Kentucky's version of the movie "Hoosiers".............only lets not call it Hoosiers II :sssh: , maybe "Wildcats".:D )

I was enjoying the other thread until it got shut down by things that had nothing to do with the game or thread.
This is exactly what makes many 16th Region threads a point of humor to many other BGPers. For some reason we end up bickering with each other over the dumbest things and get more threads closed than any other region in the state.

 

For the record, it was not a RH poster that got your other thread closed. Believe it or not, not everyone at RH is a rotten egg. Most of us are genuinely happy for Elliott County. You have some great kids living out the storybook dream and legend of Kentucky High School Basketball. I personally have no doubt that the fans at Rupp will fall in love with your team and style of play. You guys will remind them of what it’s all about.

 

Make no mistake, we want like crazy to get to Rupp again ourselves, BUT we also know what it will take to get there. We are not out to take something we didn’t earn, or to taint your accomplishment. You guys earned the privilege this season. Straight up, no excuses. Enjoy the heck out of it. Have fun. Make the 16th Region proud. Make memories that will be talked about 50 years from now. :thumb:

Well said, on all counts FB....well said.

 

:thumb:

I realize who it was. I apologize for making a negative post. I was enjoying the other thread until it got shut down by things that had nothing to do with the game or thread. Those Elliott County players know they are near and dear to me and their accomplishments make the whole county proud. The kids and parents have worked harder than can be imagined and sacrificed greatly in time and money to develop their talent, but their attitude and heart is what won this championship. I think their style will win over many fans at Rupp.

 

SO do I Good lulck at Rupp and yes they do.:dancingpa

There are 2 8th graders Cody Nickel.

This is exactly what makes many 16th Region threads a point of humor to many other BGPers. For some reason we end up bickering with each other over the dumbest things and get more threads closed than any other region in the state.

 

For the record, it was not a RH poster that got your other thread closed. Believe it or not, not everyone at RH is a rotten egg. Most of us are genuinely happy for Elliott County. You have some great kids living out the storybook dream and legend of Kentucky High School Basketball. I personally have no doubt that the fans at Rupp will fall in love with your team and style of play. You guys will remind them of what it’s all about.

 

Make no mistake, we want like crazy to get to Rupp again ourselves, BUT we also know what it will take to get there. We are not out to take something we didn’t earn, or to taint your accomplishment. You guys earned the privilege this season. Straight up, no excuses. Enjoy the heck out of it. Have fun. Make the 16th Region proud. Make memories that will be talked about 50 years from now. :thumb:

 

I certainlywasn't slamming Rose Hill or any poster. I think Rose Hill fans and Elliott County fans generally support each other. I know from the last few years of AAU ball I have truly enjoyed the kids and parents from Rose Hill and have become a fan of the boys and girls teams. They play the game the right way. My original post was just that it would be nice to leave the whole Ashland-Rose Hill conflict out of a thread every now and then. And on that argument I must say I usually come down on the side of the Hill, too. We appreciate the support of the 16th Region fans and I really hope those kids go to Lexington and continue to have fun playing the game the way they do.

Congrats to Elliott on a great year. Should be a nice 1st round game. not as sure about round 2 but enjoy the experience @ Lexington

I certainlywasn't slamming Rose Hill or any poster. I think Rose Hill fans and Elliott County fans generally support each other. I know from the last few years of AAU ball I have truly enjoyed the kids and parents from Rose Hill and have become a fan of the boys and girls teams. They play the game the right way. My original post was just that it would be nice to leave the whole Ashland-Rose Hill conflict out of a thread every now and then. And on that argument I must say I usually come down on the side of the Hill, too. We appreciate the support of the 16th Region fans and I really hope those kids go to Lexington and continue to have fun playing the game the way they do.
Good post, and I would say that we agree. I just thought it was funny that you chose post #10 of this thread to do exactly what you were complaining about in the thread that got shut down. :lol:

 

This is one of the biggest stories of the year as far as I'm concerned. I have to admit that I got choked up reading the Mike Fields article in the Herald-Leader about the Lions first trip to Rupp... especially the part about Evan getting a standing ovation in church the Sunday after the semi-finals. (That's the kind of church I could really enjoy being a part of.)

 

We never know what tomorrow might bring, or even if we will have another tomorrow for that matter. This is about as close as any of us get to living out a modern day fairy tale. Savor it, enjoy it, wring it out to the last drop, this is something that will always add to the richness of your life and you will never forget. :thumb:

Good post, and I would say that we agree. I just thought it was funny that you chose post #10 of this thread to do exactly what you were complaining about in the thread that got shut down. :lol:

 

This is one of the biggest stories of the year as far as I'm concerned. I have to admit that I got choked up reading the Mike Fields article in the Herald-Leader about the Lions first trip to Rupp... especially the part about Evan getting a standing ovation in church the Sunday after the semi-finals. (That's the kind of church I could really enjoy being a part of.)

 

We never know what tomorrow might bring, or even if we will have another tomorrow for that matter. This is about as close as any of us get to living out a modern day fairy tale. Savor it, enjoy it, wring it out to the last drop, this is something that will always add to the richness of your life and you will never forget. :thumb:

 

Are you thinkin bout moving to Elliott Co. and running "from" somet.....I mean for something?? Man I am a hard egg and you almost had me crying!!!!!!!!:D

Are you thinkin bout moving to Elliott Co. and running "from" somet.....I mean for something?? Man I am a hard egg and you almost had me crying!!!!!!!!:D
It's been a long time since I ran "from" anything, and Rocky has the only job worth running "for" sewed up. :lol:

 

I remember listening to my dad's uncles talking about some of the tiny schools that made it to the big show back in the day. The Lions are proof that the legends and dreams are still alive. If that doesn't choke you up a little bit, you just don't understand Kentucky basketball. :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.