ND v. Highlands

It will be interesting to see how the younger players on both teams respond, especially for Highlands. They had a chance to get some of the "nerves" of post season play out in the first round. If they settle down, Highlands will have a chance & this will be a lot closer than the regular season game.

All the presure will be on NDA and highlands does have a good chance... however Allen and the Adlers sister must shoot lights out if they want to be there in the end... with that said i will take NDA by 10!!!

As NCCCrazy said, I think the pressure is on NDA. Highlands has absolutely nothing to loose in this one. If they come out loose, and the shots fall, they might have a chance.

I think this one is NDA's to loose.

HHS has been playing well of late however I think their youth and inexperience will be their downfall. Good things are sure to come for the young birds in the near future.

Good point, but sometimes youth and inexperience can be to their advantage. Maybe they won't feel any pressure or feel forced to make mistakes. If the Birds play hard and have fun, it might be a lot closer than we expect!:thumb:

IMO if the Ladybirds are hitting on all cylinders as they were in the district championship game, they can hang with ND. But it will take that kind of game for them to pull off the upset. Definetly not impossble, come tournament time anything is possible. Go Ladybirds!!

This game hinges on how Highlands can handle the high-low game ND loves to run with their post players. Talent wise HHS is not that far off from ND but physically ND has a huge edge. Seniors and juniors going against Soph's and Frosh is a bigtime advantage. Dickman, taking a guess might be 18, going against Highlands Frosh center who is probably 14 IMO is just too much for Highlands to overcome. It's going to take a perfect game from the Birds to win this game. Keep it close going into the fourth quarter and hope the pressure of being the favorite gets to ND.

This game hinges on how Highlands can handle the high-low game ND loves to run with their post players. Talent wise HHS is not that far off from ND but physically ND has a huge edge. Seniors and juniors going against Soph's and Frosh is a bigtime advantage. Dickman, taking a guess might be 18, going against Highlands Frosh center who is probably 14 IMO is just too much for Highlands to overcome. It's going to take a perfect game from the Birds to win this game. Keep it close going into the fourth quarter and hope the pressure of being the favorite gets to ND.

Sorry, but the talent isn't that close this year (next year could be), and Highlands hasn't been tested to the extent as NDA has all season. Look at the schedule that NDA plays and then look at the schedule Highlands plays. The only top ten team that Highlands played all year was Montgomery County and NDA beat Montgomery at Montgomery County while Highlands got smoked by them on a neutral floor....

BTW: Who would you start from HHS, instead of Dickman, Drees, Tierney, Smith or Jackson? Remember this NDA team also only give up an average of 42.8 points a game in 30 games (HHS gives up 50.6 in 26), so the person you may want to put in because of "O" needs to play a very tough "D" also....and again NDA played a much tougher schedule than Highlands, so the girls that NDA players played against, were of a higher quality, talent wise.....

Can Highlands beat NDA? Sure they can, but would you put your mortgage on them to win this game? If NDA comes out and plays this game like they have all year long, NDA will win...

Sorry, but the talent isn't that close this year (next year could be), and Highlands hasn't been tested to the extent as NDA has all season. Look at the schedule that NDA plays and then look at the schedule Highlands plays. The only top ten team that Highlands played all year was Montgomery County and NDA beat Montgomery at Montgomery County while Highlands got smoked by them on a neutral floor....

BTW: Who would you start from HHS, instead of Dickman, Drees, Tierney, Smith or Jackson? Remember this NDA team also only give up an average of 42.8 points a game in 30 games (HHS gives up 50.6 in 26), so the person you may want to put in because of "O" needs to play a very tough "D" also....and again NDA played a much tougher schedule than Highlands, so the girls that NDA players played against, were of a higher quality, talent wise.....

Can Highlands beat NDA? Sure they can, but would you put your mortgage on them to win this game? If NDA comes out and plays this game like they have all year long, NDA will win...

Don't go to far out on that limb. I haven't read any posts where someone is betting the ranch on HHS. Sure ND is the prohibitive favorite to win the region. I haven't seen anything to the contrary. Like I said stranger things have happened in tournament play:thumb: