ND v. Highlands

I agree w/you oldguy. With all things equal and both teams play to the best of their capability, NDA wins easy against HHS and Holmes/NCC.

The question is will the entire team show up to play and how much influence will the ZEBRAS have in the final three games. Stranger things have happened as stated but in those cases I think things were a little more even from the start. NDA's experience/inside game prevails this yr. No one, except Boone matched up inside w/NDA and look what happened.

We will see soon!

And let's not forget, this is a 1-game season. You can throw the records out the window.

On paper, the LadyBirds don't have a chance. But, they don't play it on paper.

And, as my old coach used to say, many a sphincter has tightened up this time of year.

Heart says LadyBirds at the wire, head says NDA by 15+.

Sorry, but the talent isn't that close this year (next year could be), and Highlands hasn't been tested to the extent as NDA has all season. Look at the schedule that NDA plays and then look at the schedule Highlands plays. The only top ten team that Highlands played all year was Montgomery County and NDA beat Montgomery at Montgomery County while Highlands got smoked by them on a neutral floor....

BTW: Who would you start from HHS, instead of Dickman, Drees, Tierney, Smith or Jackson? Remember this NDA team also only give up an average of 42.8 points a game in 30 games (HHS gives up 50.6 in 26), so the person you may want to put in because of "O" needs to play a very tough "D" also....and again NDA played a much tougher schedule than Highlands, so the girls that NDA players played against, were of a higher quality, talent wise.....

Can Highlands beat NDA? Sure they can, but would you put your mortgage on them to win this game? If NDA comes out and plays this game like they have all year long, NDA will win...

Don't understand the question... Like I said it will take a perfect game for HHS to win but you should know the favorite doesn't always win. I can remember someone last year stating that Boone would win the Region three strait years and that Nell wouldn't let her team be beat... Want to take a quess who said that??

Good point, but sometimes youth and inexperience can be to their advantage. Maybe they won't feel any pressure or feel forced to make mistakes. If the Birds play hard and have fun, it might be a lot closer than we expect!:thumb:

I think this is a great point. It played a large roll in Montgomery Co.'s first of their last two regional titles. The team was so young at that time that they had no idea what kind of pressure they were under. Good luck to both.

Well HHS played the perfect half. Unfortunately a half didn't cut it. Dickman had here way inside and out. She had a great game. Drees used her height advantage well to get easy scores inside and Tierney showed she was the best athlete on the floor. Ball hawking NDA guards turned the Highlands guards over time after time in the 2nd half. The Ladybirds gave their best shot and should be proud to have hung in as long as they did. Even though the youth showed tonight, what a great experience for these young girls. Should be fun the next couple of years. Go Ladybirds!