Best and worst 1st round regional draws, throughout the state

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drawing a team they beat by an easy 22 is a bad draw, when they could have drawn 21-10 Scott??

It was a very tough draw for a 1st round game. Eighter of these two teams could win the region and make some noise in Rupp and now playing in the 1st round of the region. I think this game will be close but if not, feel free to quote me. But I feel MC could sneak up on the highly touted Mason Co. team.

All Western Hills has to do to get to the Sweet 16 is beat the third ranked team in the state, then they get the winner of the 10th and 12th ranked team in the state. After that, they have would probably be facing either the number 1 or number 6 team in the state in the finals. Piece of cake! Welcome to the 11th Region.

Doss #11 in the state draws #17 PRP. Now thats the toughest 1st round game in the state period.

May I direct you to #4 J-Town vs. #14 Trinity. I believe that is the highest first round match up, but I know it is higher than Doss vs. PRP.

It was a very tough draw for a 1st round game. Eighter of these two teams could win the region and make some noise in Rupp and now playing in the 1st round of the region. I think this game will be close but if not, feel free to quote me. But I feel MC could sneak up on the highly touted Mason Co. team.

I think Montgomery Co.'s schedule was far too weak this season to pull this type of upset.

Mason beat Scott early in the year by 23. I'm sure Scott is a better team than they were then. But I'm sure the Royals are better as well.

You are right, but Scott was only down 9-10 points with 4 minutes to play and ran out of steam, then Mason pulled away to win by 23.

Who got the Worst draws(Winners)??

Doss.....Drew PRP in the 6th

Belfry....Drew Paintsville in the 15th

Warren Central...Drew Russellville in the 4th

Henderson Co...Drew Hopkinsville in the 2nd

JTown.....Drew Trinity in the 7th

Mason Co...Drew Montgomery co. in the 10th

Marshall Co...Drew Heath in the 1st.

Who Got the best Draws(Winners)??

Bishop Brossart...Drew Deming in the 10th

Lexington Catholic...Drew Model in the 11thHazard....Drew Wolfe in the 14th

Shelby Valley....Drew Betsy Layne in the 15th

Allen Central...Drew Phelps in the 15th

Any others??

I might add the Powell/JBS to the worst list for Powell.

I think Montgomery Co.'s schedule was far too weak this season to pull this type of upset.

I'm hoping for the upset, but this is not a tough draw for Mason?? Montgomery did indeed play a very weak (even for an "A" school) schedule, and lost to every good team they played. Despite the similar margins, Scott would have been a much tougher draw!! Again, I'd love to see them upset Mason, but fully expect the Royals to play the weekend!!