Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

South Laurel 75 Corbin 48

Featured Replies

I'm not for sure statewide, but region-wide, yes.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not for sure statewide, but region-wide, yes.

Region was all I was asking.With that said who is coming up to C'Land tomorrow?

yOU KNOW, i THINK i'M GOING TO COME DOWN.

yOU KNOW, i THINK i'M GOING TO COME DOWN.

It oughta be a good one.Whoever comes better come early to get a seat because Cumberland isn't the biggest of gyms.

Better check your geography there Les.....cumberland is North and East of Corbin....so I guess you will be going UP there.....and there is no need to scream it.

Yes, he is a sophomore.

South jumped out to a 20-3 lead and never looked back.

Jordan Bortnem knocked down 5-of-6 shots in the first half and 4-of-6 from 3-point land.

He finished with 16 along with Trey Smith (8-of-10 on the floor).

Ty Proffitt had 17 and Jordan Hammonds only had five and the Cards still won by 27.

Cards shot 54 percent and Corbin 37 percent.

South only had seven turnovers and Corbin had 19.

 

 

• My view - The Cardinals always pick up a notch in post-season play and IMO they showed they're still the team to beat in the 13th Region.

South played unselfihsly (16 assists to Corbin's 5).

Josh Craford scored 24 points on 9-of-10 shooting while Deke Barley had nine.

Johnson had 5, Smith 3, Wilson 3 and Hamblin 2.

Corbin was 3-of-16 from 3-point range.

 

If you take Crawford's 9-10 out, the rest of the Corbin team shot 22%.:eek:

If that happens in the next game, Corbin's stay in the region will be short. Let's hope they relax and play better in the region.

 

South came out on a mission tonight. There was no chance they were going to lose in their senior's last game on the home floor. Bortnem's blistering start stunned Corbin and South never allowed Corbin to get into the game.

 

Congrats to the Cards who appeared out to prove a point tonight.

Bortman made those shots in the first 5 minutes as South jumped out to a 20 to 3 lead. He made 4 3s and a deuce and it was all over. Corbin flinched. The experience differance really showed tonight. Corbin was tight and by the time they loosened up the game was over. This was a good learning experience for the young kids. I can not say enough good about Josh Crawford. He played very hard in adverse circumstances and had a very good game.

I thought it was a great effort by South Laurel and a lackluster one by Corbin sans Crawford. He couldn't be stopped but it will take more than a superstar to beat a team the caliber of Laurel County. The birds are definitely the better team but I think Corbin can beat them. It will just take a team effort. To me it looked like Corbin's youth seemed content with just having a bid to region while Laurel County was lights out and not wanting to send their seniors out with a L in their final home game. The good thing about this is that this is just one game and if both teams play to their potential, will meet up again in a week. Best of luck to em.

I thought it was a great effort by South Laurel and a lackluster one by Corbin sans Crawford. He couldn't be stopped but it will take more than a superstar to beat a team the caliber of Laurel County. The birds are definitely the better team but I think Corbin can beat them. It will just take a team effort. To me it looked like Corbin's youth seemed content with just having a bid to region while Laurel County was lights out and not wanting to send their seniors out with a L in their final home game. The good thing about this is that this is just one game and if both teams play to their potential, will meet up again in a week. Best of luck to em.

 

 

It's South Laurel, not Laurel Co.

Better check your geography there Les.....cumberland is North and East of Corbin....so I guess you will be going UP there.....and there is no need to scream it.

 

 

Umm, thanks for the geography lesson there dude. And, IF I WANT TO SCREAM IT I WILL ... you're not the boss of me.:thumb:

Apex just a note better check your maps Cumberland is in fact south and east of Corbin. Great job bt south but beware Corbin will bd ready next week. Second best team in the region. And really all of the good side still considers it Laurel County.

It's South Laurel, not Laurel Co.

 

You're not the boss of me as Les says.:thumb: haha just funnin ye. I get carried away when I am typin and still refer to em as Laurel County half the time even though they were South when I was in school. Regardless, good game for sure.

 

Anyone know what time the Cumberland and Bell game tips off? If it's a later game, I could make it on account of me gettin off work at 6 and it just bein bout an hour and twenty minute drive.

Better check your geography there Les.....cumberland is North and East of Corbin....so I guess you will be going UP there.....and there is no need to scream it.

 

 

Umm, check your geoegraphy there DUDE:thumb:

If you take Crawford's 9-10 out, the rest of the Corbin team shot 22%.:eek:

If that happens in the next game, Corbin's stay in the region will be short. Let's hope they relax and play better in the region.

 

South came out on a mission tonight. There was no chance they were going to lose in their senior's last game on the home floor. Bortnem's blistering start stunned Corbin and South never allowed Corbin to get into the game.

 

Congrats to the Cards who appeared out to prove a point tonight.

 

"The rest of the Corbin team shot 22%" Wow, I have to give SL some props for their defensive effort...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.