Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Toughest region in the state

Featured Replies

What region do you think is the toughest in the state. Also what districts are the toughest in that region?

What region do you think is the toughest in the state. Also what districts are the toughest in that region?

 

 

 

Not so sure about the 9th over all this season, but the 34th District I believe it is, will be tough. Covington Catholic, Beechwood, and Holy Cross. One of those very good Teams wont make the region.

The 11th Region is the toughest in the state.

The 11th Region is the toughest in the state.

 

Who are the teams to watch in the 11th?

Lexington Catholic will be AWESOME

Lexington Christian

Henry Clay is always good

The 11th Region is the toughest in the state.

You can't argue with that. They always seem to have 4 or 5 teams capable of winning the state championship. Other regions will generally have 2 to 3 at best. The regional tourney must be a great show.

In no particular order I would say the top five regions are

 

3rd

5th

6th

7th

11th

In no particular order I would say the top five regions are

 

3rd

5th

6th

7th

11th

 

We got the top teams in the 11th....who are your top picks in the 3rd, 5th,6th and 7th?

3rd - Owensboro Catholic, Apollo and Daviess County

5th - Elizabethtown, North Hardin, Central Hardin

6th - PRP, Butler, North Bullitt

7th - St. X, Trinity, Eastern (Louisville)

11th - Henry Clay, Christian, Catholic, Dunbar

 

In my opinion

 

11th is toughest overall

6th / 7th have the toughest top tier teams

3rd would be the deepest once you get past the top 3 Owensboro schools

5th has a lot of tradition

 

If I had to pick one of mine to be replaced by another region I would say the 5th.

11th region by far. I mean you look at the teams in the top and then even their worst teams in the region arent horrible.

 

Now for the most over rated region I would have to go with either the 10th or the 12th. I know you have Harrison in the 10th but who else can really compete with them.

11th region by far. I mean you look at the teams in the top and then even their worst teams in the region arent horrible.

 

Now for the most over rated region I would have to go with either the 10th or the 12th. I know you have Harrison in the 10th but who else can really compete with them.

Are you serious or just know nothing about the 10th. region.

Bourbon County is loaded and maybe picked to win the 10th.

Brossart may have the best pitcher in the state in Nathan Muntch(SP.)signed with Xavier University.

Campbell County may have the best rotation in the 10th. Return 3 varsity pitchers (18 wins) Led by 3rd. year varsity pitcher Travis Hurd.

GRC will be good, Harrison is Harrison.

Then add in Scott and Mason and I am sure I'm missing more, you have a very good region top to bottom. They would stack up very well against the 11th.

 

Too early I think to say any region is the best, lets wait until some games are played. Campbell County visits Lex. Christian 3/27.

Are you serious or just know nothing about the 10th. region.

Bourbon County is loaded and maybe picked to win the 10th.

Brossart may have the best pitcher in the state in Nathan Muntch(SP.)signed with Xavier University.

Campbell County may have the best rotation in the 10th. Return 3 varsity pitchers (18 wins) Led by 3rd. year varsity pitcher Travis Hurd.

GRC will be good, Harrison is Harrison.

Then add in Scott and Mason and I am sure I'm missing more, you have a very good region top to bottom. They would stack up very well against the 11th.

 

Too early I think to say any region is the best, lets wait until some games are played. Campbell County visits Lex. Christian 3/27.

 

The 10th is no where near as good as the 11th.

Only Harrison, Bourbon, and Clark could compete with the 11th.

  • Author

The 35th will be very tough. To think that one of those 3 teams wont even make it to the region tournament is crazy. Overall i dont think the 9th is that great. Ryle will be loaded this year with about 15 seniors, and St. Henry should be a good team that could possible win the region.

Are you serious or just know nothing about the 10th. region.

Bourbon County is loaded and maybe picked to win the 10th.

Brossart may have the best pitcher in the state in Nathan Muntch(SP.)signed with Xavier University.

Campbell County may have the best rotation in the 10th. Return 3 varsity pitchers (18 wins) Led by 3rd. year varsity pitcher Travis Hurd.

GRC will be good, Harrison is Harrison.

Then add in Scott and Mason and I am sure I'm missing more, you have a very good region top to bottom. They would stack up very well against the 11th.

 

Too early I think to say any region is the best, lets wait until some games are played. Campbell County visits Lex. Christian 3/27.

 

Oh yeah I forgot about all those regional titles that Harrison hasnt won, my bad! Like KY_THorobred, this isnt just about this year this is about overall and 10th has no chance at competeing with the 11th but the 10th region is overated as well.

 

1998 - Harrison Co.

1999 - Harrison Co.

2000 - Nicholas Co.

2001 - Harrison Co.

2002 - GRC

2003 - GRC

2004 - Harrison Co.

2005 - Harrison Co.

2006 - Harrison Co.

There is no question the 11th region has been and is this year the most competetive region in High school baseball. with 11 State Championships coming from 43rd district teams in the last 30 years it is hard to argue the toughest district much less region. Lexington Catholic returning champs(losing only 1 starter) and Dunbar region runner-up head the list. There are 16 division 1 seniors in the 43rd alone most of them already signed. There is good baseball all around the state but 11th region tough to beat.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.