Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell at Ashland predictions Friday

Featured Replies

All I heard the other night when Vanhoose and Blair fouled out was "Russell gets another senior bounce" Of course they were getting the "senior bounce" because it was senior night at Russell.

 

Guess what, Friday night is senior night for the Tomcats.

 

Maybe they will get the "Senior Bounce"Friday night and upset the Mighty Reddevils

Don't take this the wrong way, but what are you talking about?

  • Replies 65
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you please stop? You're going to make me throwup.:p :lol:

Blue Blazer Ashland administrators do not read these boards. Just place all these posts in your resume.

Nah, you've got nothing to worry about. From what I understand, those old coots only like to pick on freshmen. Your kids are too old. :lol: :lol: :lol:

 

 

Ouch!

Ouch!
I'm just sayin'... ;)
Blue Blazer Ashland administrators do not read these boards. Just place all these posts in your resume.

Ashland WILL WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!:ylsuper:

Thomas guarded Vanhoose last time and he got about 16, maybe 17 points. Not 25!!!

Russell is over rated, and plays robotic basketball, they will be hard pressed to pull out a win at Ashland and on Senior night.

BBP

Ashland 67

Russell 59

Officials 7 1/2 in Russell's favor believe it or not!

Does anyone know how many and who will be officiating this game? All I hope for these kids is they are consistent! Hopefully, the crowd contest is visible on tv, so everyone can enjoy it.

 

I just hope BOTH schools cheer for their teams, not rude against the other and be fans not uncontrollably.

Russell is over rated, and plays robotic basketball, they will be hard pressed to pull out a win at Ashland and on Senior night.

BBP

Ashland 67

Russell 59

Officials 7 1/2 in Russell's favor believe it or not!

 

I disagree with your last statement. The officials will not hurt Ashland at Ashland. That is a certainty.

I disagree with your last statement. The officials will not hurt Ashland at Ashland. That is a certainty.

 

You're right I have had to many Sponge Bob cartoons lately and my thoughts and judgement were a little cloudly

Russell is over rated, and plays robotic basketball, they will be hard pressed to pull out a win at Ashland and on Senior night.

BBP

Ashland 67

Russell 59

Officials 7 1/2 in Russell's favor believe it or not!

I can buy most of what you are saying except the overated part. Russell is 18-1 against 16th region competition. I don't know how you could rank them anywhere but #1 in the region?

 

Of course I don't really believe the 7 1/2 part either. But that hard pressed to win at Ashland on senior night I can see.

I can buy most of what you are saying except the overated part. Russell is 18-1 against 16th region competition. I don't know how you could rank them anywhere but #1 in the region?

 

Of course I don't really believe the 7 1/2 part either. But that hard pressed to win at Ashland on senior night I can see.

 

 

I just posted that to see if you were up or not. IMO, not joking either, Russell is very talented but very over coached. Dodd may very well be a great coach in certain aspects but that Team is good and does not put up the points the way they should...sometimes there is more to coaching than winning. I will let you ponder on that one. Out of all the games I have watched this year, there is one team that is letting the horses run and that is Rose Hill. Just out of curiosity, how many fans are in attendance on average at a home game? Just curious. I look at the talent on Russell's team and think to myself (Which is not a good conversation) what if they had a coach that would let them play and let Hoose shoot the ball more. There is no personal freedom in that system. If I were playing today I would want to play for a coach that would run and gun, once again nothing personal against coach Dodd. As you know the both of us (you and I ) have been around this game for a long time and a great coach adapts and changes to the talent that he or she is presented with each year. This simply doesnt happen in this region except for a few teams and coaches. There is no personal development with kids anymore. I look at someone like Gill (dont know him either, he may be a head case for all I know) and think this kid should be averaging 20 and 10 easily. Just using him as an example. Most of my post are not meant to be personal, just joking with you...and it could be worse, I could call you Paul!

I just posted that to see if you were up or not. IMO, not joking either, Russell is very talented but very over coached. Dodd may very well be a great coach in certain aspects but that Team is good and does not put up the points the way they should...sometimes there is more to coaching than winning. I will let you ponder on that one. Out of all the games I have watched this year, there is one team that is letting the horses run and that is Rose Hill. Just out of curiosity, how many fans are in attendance on average at a home game? Just curious. I look at the talent on Russell's team and think to myself (Which is not a good conversation) what if they had a coach that would let them play and let Hoose shoot the ball more. There is no personal freedom in that system. If I were playing today I would want to play for a coach that would run and gun, once again nothing personal against coach Dodd. As you know the both of us (you and I ) have been around this game for a long time and a great coach adapts and changes to the talent that he or she is presented with each year. This simply doesnt happen in this region except for a few teams and coaches. There is no personal development with kids anymore. I look at someone like Gill (dont know him either, he may be a head case for all I know) and think this kid should be averaging 20 and 10 easily. Just using him as an example. Most of my post are not meant to be personal, just joking with you...and it could be worse, I could call you Paul!

 

I won't question coach Dodd and his abilities. Sometimes though, players are given more freedom than most think and they don't make the right decisions.

 

Even though they don't press I still think they are the best defensive team in the region. That sticky half court defense can slow down the pace of a game. Of course so does a deliberate offense.

 

As for letting the horses run. Some you can turn them loose and they will run right off a cliff. Some horses need to be reigned in. There is a difference in a great athlete and a great basketball player.

I won't question coach Dodd and his abilities. Sometimes though, players are given more freedom than most think and they don't make the right decisions.

 

Even though they don't press I still think they are the best defensive team in the region. That sticky half court defense can slow down the pace of a game. Of course so does a deliberate offense.

 

As for letting the horses run. Some you can turn them loose and they will run right off a cliff. Some horses need to be reigned in. There is a difference in a great athlete and a great basketball player.[/QUOTE]

 

 

That is the best quote you have made since I have been a member. What comes to my mind is all the great Marshall Basketball teams of the past, 50-late 80's. After that it was just athletes not ballers. Very good point.

  • Author
I just posted that to see if you were up or not. IMO, not joking either, Russell is very talented but very over coached. Dodd may very well be a great coach in certain aspects but that Team is good and does not put up the points the way they should...sometimes there is more to coaching than winning. I will let you ponder on that one. Out of all the games I have watched this year, there is one team that is letting the horses run and that is Rose Hill. Just out of curiosity, how many fans are in attendance on average at a home game? Just curious. I look at the talent on Russell's team and think to myself (Which is not a good conversation) what if they had a coach that would let them play and let Hoose shoot the ball more. There is no personal freedom in that system. If I were playing today I would want to play for a coach that would run and gun, once again nothing personal against coach Dodd. As you know the both of us (you and I ) have been around this game for a long time and a great coach adapts and changes to the talent that he or she is presented with each year. This simply doesnt happen in this region except for a few teams and coaches. There is no personal development with kids anymore. I look at someone like Gill (dont know him either, he may be a head case for all I know) and think this kid should be averaging 20 and 10 easily. Just using him as an example. Most of my post are not meant to be personal, just joking with you...and it could be worse, I could call you Paul!

 

I think the goal is to win!

I think they been doing that better than any other team in the region this year:thumb:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.