Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elder (OH) 56 Covington Catholic 20

Who wins? 67 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Covington Catholic Colonels (1-0)
      28%
    • Elder Panthers (1-0)
      71%

This poll is closed to new votes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 210
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Keith the old guy
    Keith the old guy

    I think the Colonels have a very good chance in this game. I already purchased my on line ticket to watch it in my house 300 miles away...LOL.

  • theguru
    theguru

    Hey Purple! Hey White! Hey Team! Fight Fight! 😀

  • Bluebird
    Bluebird

    Let’s go Colonels!

Posted Images

  • Author
2 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Dylan Courtney hits Brandon Smith for a 66 yard gain.

Colonels have it 1st and goal on the Elder 10 yard line.

That was Brandon Smith's last play of the game tonight. Spent the rest of the game on the sideline with an ice pack on his knee. He would have been a LOT of help tonight.

I definitely hope he's alright, moving forward.

On 8/23/2026 at 8:20 AM, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

I'll let @theguru take care of sharing my thoughts on the game as I know how much He loooooves to share what I posted some 6/7 (yes, I went there) months ago on my prediction for this matchup😂....and I still stand by it 1,000%. Roll Colonels!!!

This didn't age well. Absolute thumping.

4 minutes ago, longballers said:

This didn't age well. Absolute thumping.

It is hard for some diehard fans.

Just now, theguru said:

It is hard for some diehard fans.

I totally get it. CCH definitely has some really nice players. Just men against boys.

Just now, longballers said:

I totally get it. CCH definitely has some really nice players. Just men against boys.

Hey Purple! Hey White! Hey Team! Fight Fight! 😀

6 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

GCL South teams are just tough to beat.

Manstown.

I don't think Cov Cath should play Elder. The record speaks for itself. Last year was a closer ending score, but tonight they laid it on.

I can't wait to see them versus the team from Ft. Thomas later on in the season.

The Colonels are young and gritty. They will learn when they watch the tape. Some positives I saw tonight.

Wayne Litmer with a great capture!

wayne.jpg

  • The size difference on the line of scrimmage was very noticeable. Cov Cath is big for how they've been and there was still a pretty big gap.

  • I give kudos to the defensive staff pregame and the first play of the game? They line up in man coverage on Elder's FBS receiver with no help over top and with one of the worst man coverage techniques I can remember by a corner. Easy bomb TD to get the game started. 🤦‍♂️

  • Kaden Estep is as good of a QB as we've played since Eddie got there. Second offensive play after the bomb TD, he ran through our G6 senior lineman and then outran everyone for a TD. I'm really interested to see how he does at Miami.

  • The best thing for Cov Cath was Dylan Courtney making plays out of structure at QB. Over 300 yards passing vs a top Ohio team is big time and he'll keep getting better and better with more reps this year. Separately I think Elder can get got by an Ohio team that has some guys at WR and QB in a shootout...their secondary is suspect.

27 minutes ago, CCHFC said:
  • The size difference on the line of scrimmage was very noticeable. Cov Cath is big for how they've been and there was still a pretty big gap.

  • I give kudos to the defensive staff pregame and the first play of the game? They line up in man coverage on Elder's FBS receiver with no help over top and with one of the worst man coverage techniques I can remember by a corner. Easy bomb TD to get the game started. 🤦‍♂️

  • Kaden Estep is as good of a QB as we've played since Eddie got there. Second offensive play after the bomb TD, he ran through our G6 senior lineman and then outran everyone for a TD. I'm really interested to see how he does at Miami.

  • The best thing for Cov Cath was Dylan Courtney making plays out of structure at QB. Over 300 yards passing vs a top Ohio team is big time and he'll keep getting better and better with more reps this year. Separately I think Elder can get got by an Ohio team that has some guys at WR and QB in a shootout...their secondary is suspect.

I agree. Elder better learn how to maintain coverage on the back end on broken plays. Cov Cath's biggest offensive plays were on broken plays and that's not going to fly for the Panthers in GCL play.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.