WHY??

stick1

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why not pull him out higher and open up lanes for high %. I'm all about living and dying by the three if you have Lofton. WE DON'T!!! They could have also put another big man in if Morris was getting double teamed or took the ball to the other side of the floor and driven to the basket. I'll play you 5 on 4 all day long going to the basket. Especially when I'm shooting about 10% from 3 pt land!

Always will be the what if's and second guessing. Gotta face the fact we flat out couldn't shoot tonight.. EVERY team has those kinda games. Just sucked it was tonight for us.

Then why not pull him out higher and open up lanes for high %. I'm all about living and dying by the three if you have Lofton. WE DON'T!!! They could have also put another big man in if Morris was getting double teamed or took the ball to the other side of the floor and driven to the basket. I'll play you 5 on 4 all day long going to the basket. Especially when I'm shooting about 10% from 3 pt land!

Yeah that would be fine and all if we actually had another post player that was capable of scoring down low, but we don't. Yeah we need to get Morris more touches, but there was times when he was just not open because they were double teaming him, and well sometimes he just dont work hard enough to get open..Also most of the threes we took were open shots, and you got to take them. I mean we had are best players who for the most part this year have been very good at making threes, and you have to figure that at SOME POINT they will knock atleast one or two down, but it just never happened....

Always will be the what if's and second guessing. Gotta face the fact we flat out couldn't shoot tonight.. EVERY team has those kinda games. Just sucked it was tonight for us.

I agree about the what if's but it just seems like common sense to me and I'm a football coach. Florida was in MAJOR foul trouble early. KY was shooting about 10% from the 3 pt line and when Morris got the ball Florida had no answer. If they are going to double him then kick the ball away from him and penetrate. Either you have the numbers or somebody has to come off of him.

3 MAJOR PROBLEMS with KY's offenisve attack IMO:

1. Florida was in MAJOR foul trouble and we didnt' get aggressive enough going right at them.

2. They didn't have an answer inside but we didn't take advantage.

3. We shot AWFUL from 3 pt. At some point you have to be in tune with how the game is playing out.

KY beat KY as much as Florida did tonight IMO.

Yeah that would be fine and all if we actually had another post player that was capable of scoring down low, but we don't. Yeah we need to get Morris more touches, but there was times when he was just not open because they were double teaming him, and well sometimes he just dont work hard enough to get open..Also most of the threes we took were open shots, and you got to take them. I mean we had are best players who for the most part this year have been very good at making threes, and you have to figure that at SOME POINT they will knock atleast one or two down, but it just never happened....

Hello Patrick Patterson!!!

We have NOBODY like a Lofton. They were in MAJOR foul trouble all game.

Take a look at the Super Bowl. The Colts have one of the best passing games in NFL history. The Bears elected to sit back and take away the deep ball. Manning forced it once at the start of the game then said heck with it. They ran the ball at will and took the high % passes underneath instead of doing what wasn't working. The Bears didn't adjust and the Colts took advantage.

I love watching teams that can bomb the three but at some point you have to wake up and realize the flow of the game. You also have to keep attacking where they are weak.

THEY WERE 3 of 22 FOR GOODNESS SAKES!!!!!!! AT WHAT POINT DO YOU REALIZE THE 3 BALL ISN'T WORKING FOR YOU? ALSO WHY ARE YOU NOT ATTACKING A TEAM THAT HAS THEIR TOP PLAYERS IN FOUL TROUBLE?

FOKYF I'm loving the Mike Tyson's Punchout avatar! It's the important things in life you never forget!

007-373-5963(or4) straght to Tyson:):ylsuper:

That code is right and its the small things that make everyday fun and worth living. I love UK basketball and I hate to see them lose but nothing makes me feel better than going the distance in that game.:fight: :thumb:

We have NOBODY like a Lofton. They were in MAJOR foul trouble all game.

Take a look at the Super Bowl. The Colts have one of the best passing games in NFL history. The Bears elected to sit back and take away the deep ball. Manning forced it once at the start of the game then said heck with it. They ran the ball at will and took the high % passes underneath instead of doing what wasn't working. The Bears didn't adjust and the Colts took advantage.

I love watching teams that can bomb the three but at some point you have to wake up and realize the flow of the game. You also have to keep attacking where they are weak.

THEY WERE 3 of 22 FOR GOODNESS SAKES!!!!!!! AT WHAT POINT DO YOU REALIZE THE 3 BALL ISN'T WORKING FOR YOU? ALSO WHY ARE YOU NOT ATTACKING A TEAM THAT HAS THEIR TOP PLAYERS IN FOUL TROUBLE?

You are right about the part I bolded, but it kind of goes against what you were trying to say here. The Gators sat back just like the Bears did and deared UK to shoot from the outside, and just like Manning did with taking what the Bears gave them. Except we just weren't able to take advantage of that. Honestly today we attacked the rim ALOT more than we have any game this year. That is why their big guys got in foul trouble to begin with, because you had Bradley, Crawford, Thomas, and Morris all attacking the rim. So honestly I really thought we did a good job attacking them, but you also got to take what they were giving us, but we just wasn't able to take advantage of those open threes...

At what point do you realize you are 3 of 22 and have them in MAJOR foul trouble? To me there is no excuse not to go after them inside with the foul trouble they were in. Not attacking is bad enough, shooting 3 of 22 and not attacking is inexcusible in my book.

At what point do you realize you are 3 of 22 and have them in MAJOR foul trouble? To me there is no excuse not to go after them inside with the foul trouble they were in. Not attacking is bad enough, shooting 3 of 22 and not attacking is inexcusible in my book.

They attacked more last night than they have in the last 2 years, why do you think their players even got in foul trouble...

They attacked more last night than they have in the last 2 years, why do you think their players even got in foul trouble...

They shot 3 of 22 from the 3 point line..... that's not attacking enough for me when you are shooting the ball that pitifull! I could have played defense for Florida last night. Leave them open, let them miss another one then rebound with my 4 fouls. I would have been a little nervous if they decided to drive it on me with those fouls though especially when my team didn't have an answer inside.

A shooters confidence is one thing, BUT......

The coach actually COACHING and calling a few PLAYS that diagram shots CLOSER to the basket, drives to the hoop, drawing fouls in the paint, stopping the clock, extending the game would have won this game in the last 5 minutes.

(we would have killed them in overtime)

IMO, Tubby DIDN'T get outcoached...he just didn't coach the teams offensive strategy at the end of the game.

BUT--Great job CATS.

I was in a room full of Florida fans rooting till the very end and even afterward.

My Florida friends were CHEERING every time UK shot a 3-ball, knowing that they were getting beat up inside the paint.

:fight: :fight: :mad:

All I could do was shake my head.