Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie QB Mason Fields commits to Louisville

Featured Replies

Mason Fields has committed to Louisville to play football!  Congratulations! 

  • Replies 40
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • nees1212
    nees1212

    Dixie actually has 5 at D1 schools now. 3 played for Burke and 2 for Brossart. Mason Fields - UL - 2026 Brach Rice - Miami OH - 2024 Benny Mwamba - Memphis - 2024 Evan Wibberley -

  • JuanHenry1997
    JuanHenry1997

    Smart move on his part. Wouldn’t surprise if he’s heading there as a PWO. Louisville currently has 7 QB on roster and 7 TEs on roster and they have a 4 star QB coming in. I'm sure he saw his offer bre

Posted Images

1 hour ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Mason Fields has committed to Louisville to play football!  Congratulations! 

Smart move on his part. Wouldn’t surprise if he’s heading there as a PWO. Louisville currently has 7 QB on roster and 7 TEs on roster and they have a 4 star QB coming in. I'm sure he saw his offer breakdown at Hillsdale and realized that it would be cheaper for him to go Walk On at Louisville than be on scholarship, especially with him being a really good student.

Hillsdale starting QB and backup are returning. Most likely would’ve been a scout team player up there. He’s better off going to UL and being a scout team player there than Hillsdale.
 

I see him being at Louisville for a year or two and then he’ll enter the portal. 

Congrats!!! Is this a full ride or a preferred walk on situation? Either way it’s great to see! 

Congrats.  Could be a great pickup for the Cards.

18 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Congrats!!! Is this a full ride or a preferred walk on situation? Either way it’s great to see! 

I was told ten days ago it was a PWO situation but I can't confirm if it is that or a scholarship. 

33 minutes ago, theguru said:

I was told ten days ago it was a PWO situation but I can't confirm if it is that or a scholarship. 

I would assume it is PWO, which is still a great opportunity. As he gets a chance to go prove himself now every day in front of P5 coaching staff. 

6 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

I would assume it is PWO, which is still a great opportunity. As he gets a chance to go prove himself now every day in front of P5 coaching staff. 

I agree and after all the money is handed out I wonder if players end up having to pay for anything, especially at the QB position. 

It’s a PWO. I can confirm. Best of luck to him! I firmly believe he is a D1 talent. Hope to see him get some PT for the Cards next year!

8 hours ago, theguru said:

I agree and after all the money is handed out I wonder if players end up having to pay for anything, especially at the QB position. 

He may have to pay a little bit out of pocket. But it’s prolly way less than Hillsdale. 

  • Author
1 minute ago, JuanHenry1997 said:

He may have to pay a little bit out of pocket. But it’s prolly way less than Hillsdale. 

NIL will take care of him.

2 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

NIL will take care of him.

I hope so and with so much money in the sport now I would like to see an expansion of available scholarships. 

1 hour ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

NIL will take care of him.

Does NIL pay money to every player on teams including walk ons? As with college football that is a lot of players to pay with how many players are on a college football roster. 

1 hour ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

NIL will take care of him.

Hopefully.  However, the stats show the vast majority of of college football players make next to nothing, and the majority of NIL deals are under a 100 bucks.

Another thing people talk about is the portal. Well over 50% of players who enter the portal never land on another team.  

There's too much bad information out there.  

1 hour ago, theguru said:

I hope so and with so much money in the sport now I would like to see an expansion of available scholarships. 

For this current year, I thought they increased the roster limit to 105 and the scholarships to 105? The school has the option to give 105 scholarships though. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.