Kragthorpe Picks Up Where Petrino Left Off

CentreRocks

Summers, Grant lose college offers

Ribault coach says he's incensed at Louisville's new coaching staff.

By CHASE GOODBREAD, The Times-Union

On a day when the list of future college football players is supposed to grow, the number of incoming freshmen from Jacksonville decreased by two.

One local coach is more than a little upset about it.

Louisville commitment Chris Summers of Ribault won't be signing today after Louisville failed to send the necessary paperwork for recruits on national signing day.

Ribault coach Arthur Mallory said he was stunned when a Cardinals assistant coach left a message on his answering machine indicating that Summers would not be sent scholarship papers.

Summers, a receiver, committed to Louisville under former coach Bobby Petrino's staff, but according to Mallory, the staff under new head coach Steve Kragthorpe contacted Summers regularly and never indicated his commitment was no longer wanted...

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/020707/hig_7843347.shtml

The NCAA needs to put somekind of timeframe on revoking scholarships. UK and UL's actions this year are unfair to the kids, but this one tops the cake due to the proximity to signing day.

That is one side of the story. The other would include that his commitment was recently changed to a soft verbal and the player had been showing interest in Miami in the recent days.

I don't know what UofL's official response would be to this, but clearly thier side isn't represented in this article.

Regardless I don't like it, Louisville has had great success recruiting out of the Jacksonville area, it is bad to have the local coaches mad at you.

You ought to check out the article on UofL and Coach Kragthorpe in the USAToday today. They seem to think he worked magic. :thumb:

Care to inform everyone who wrote that article in USAToday??? If you don't want to let me know. Was it USAToday's head writer or associate writer for Sports???:sssh:

"They seem to think"...you ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Krag seems like a good coach and has done well so far but discipline and control of the kids will not be up to the level of Petrino I fear but I guess we shall see. Let the Williams games begin. 13 arrests in HS.. I say the over/under for the Ville will be 2-3 in 2 years.

Care to inform everyone who wrote that article in USAToday??? If you don't want to let me know. Was it USAToday's head writer or associate writer for Sports???:sssh:

"They seem to think"...you ought to be ashamed of yourself.

No shame. The article was written by Jody Demling (a UK fan). I'm glad to see a local guy, and Trinity alum, get some national ink. The "they" I mentioned were the sources he quoted including recruiting guru (and SEC fan) Tom Lemming. The shame is yours, you seem to be a self loathing UofL alum.:cool:

^ I bet if he sniffs trouble, he is gone...the discipline will be there, bet on that.

Petrino for alittle lad was pretty mean and intense on these issues. This info is from a current UL player that said it as agood thing and celebrated the fact for the different approaches.

Krag seems like a good coach and has done well so far but discipline and control of the kids will not be up to the level of Petrino I fear but I guess we shall see. Let the Williams games begin. 13 arrests in HS.. I say the over/under for the Ville will be 2-3 in 2 years.

I believe the number of arrests was 11.