Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps.com Class 5A Football Rankings 9/29

Featured Replies

Class 5A
1. Woodford County
2. Madisonville-North Hopkins 
3. Owensboro
4. Bowling Green 
5. Cooper
6. Scott County
7. Atherton 
8. North Laurel
9. Pulaski County
10. South Laurel 

Woodford at one seems a bit odd. I don’t  think they’re the best team in their district, let alone the class. We’ll see in a few weeks if this team is good, or very good. They lost their only game to a good opponent.

I hear what you are saying @Scottcountyred but I would upgrade the thought pattern to say 5A seems a bit odd. 

35 minutes ago, theguru said:

I hear what you are saying @Scottcountyred but I would upgrade the thought pattern to say 5A seems a bit odd. 

I feel like the RPI might have the biggest effect in this class. All the teams seem about the same. The computer generating matchups and determining the home team might be the key to picking who actually wins the title.

I think all of the 5 teams right below Woodford have a strong argument to be ranked ABOVE them, but I don't make the rankings.

Owensboro, BG and Cooper would be my top 3, with Madisonville right there.

I think 5A is coming clear. 

BG appears to be settling in. I'm going to predict that there are going to be a couple of teams in the playoffs who are going to be really upset that BG is where they will be in the RPI because a high seed is going to draw the Purples early. 

Cooper still has the best QB in 5A. That matters. 

Owensboro's first two games were totally misleading. They are much better than those scores indicate. 

Scott Co. is going to be a VERY tough out for anyone in 5A. 

Question Marks...
Madisonville
- What happens when they can't run the ball? 
Woodford - These next three weeks will tell us a lot about them. 
Atherton - Will their lack of schedule strength fail to harden them for teams that can semi-run with them and play disciplined football? 
Pulaski - Are they good or not? 
The Laurels - What happens when they play the elite teams of 5A? 

@VF111 I agree - good summary.  I think these way I see it in the West, I think Owensboro and BG will be top seeds in 1 & 2.  Owensboro looks to get Barren or Warren Central, then Greenwood or Apollo, then Fairdale.  BG would get Graves or Apollo, then Madisonville, then probably Atherton.

The East looks like to me Scott, Cooper, Woodford and maybe Pulaski/or North Laurel.

Right now I’m guessing Semi’s would be Scott, Owensboro, Cooper, BG…but MNH, Pulaski, Atherton can throw a wrench into that.  To me any of those 4 could possibly win state.  Right now I think Owensboro will beat Madisonville.  Anxious to see Scott/Woodford as well.

20 hours ago, Brown said:

@VF111 I agree - good summary.  I think these way I see it in the West, I think Owensboro and BG will be top seeds in 1 & 2.  Owensboro looks to get Barren or Warren Central, then Greenwood or Apollo, then Fairdale.  BG would get Graves or Apollo, then Madisonville, then probably Atherton.

The East looks like to me Scott, Cooper, Woodford and maybe Pulaski/or North Laurel.

Right now I’m guessing Semi’s would be Scott, Owensboro, Cooper, BG…but MNH, Pulaski, Atherton can throw a wrench into that.  To me any of those 4 could possibly win state.  Right now I think Owensboro will beat Madisonville.  Anxious to see Scott/Woodford as well.

I totally agree here.  I think that Scott, O, Cooper, and BG are probably the best in 5A come playoff time baring any injuries.  I am excited to see how Woodford and MNH finish the year.  I think Atherton is dangerous, but their lack of scheduling will be impossible to overcome in the playoffs.  

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.