Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Warren East Head Coach Resigns

Featured Replies

3 minutes ago, TheBallCoach said:

https://bgdailynews.com/2025/09/25/sports_prepfootball092525/
 

A situation that has been looming for the past couple of months for this Raiders program has been finalized this afternoon, Head Coach Tanner Hall has resigned.

From the article:

“This season, I have been on suspension pending an allegation stemming from August 7, 2025,” Hall said in his resignation letter. “The Department of Community Based Services investigated the matter and ruled the allegation unsubstantiated. While I am grateful the investigation has cleared me to return to the classroom, I believe it is in the best interest of the program, the players and the community that I step aside from the football program at this time.

Is this a good job? Seems like it could be. I know Coach Griffith had them rolling. 

1 hour ago, WKY_Football said:

Is this a good job? Seems like it could be. I know Coach Griffith had them rolling. 

It's OK.  Solid enough talent base in Warren County without having to go through the other monsters in the county.  They typically attract some athletes.  Their top level is rather capped.  You mention Griff - he got them out of the first round only twice.  His last year was spectacular, when they went 12-1, but that was their only district title under him.  In fact, they've only gotten past the first round twice since Steve Long's last year in 2014.  They've been between 4-6 wins every year from 2017 on except for that high in 2022 (and presumably, they won't make it this year).

Their district is a bear for as long as Paducah is in it.  They're consistently losing to Logan County, and frequently struggle with Franklin-Simpson (although they have won two of the last three against the Wildcats).  

So there are things to like about it, but I also don't know that I feel like they're poised to take a leap to the next level, or really to reach back to the level they were in the Bruni era (2006-2012).

13 hours ago, WKY_Football said:

Is this a good job? Seems like it could be. I know Coach Griffith had them rolling. 

I'd say its a B- job. There's a lack in support from the administration and the community. Every few years there will be a run of talented kids that come through if you can keep them from transferring to other schools in the county.

  • Author
14 hours ago, Relentless2020 said:

I'd say it’s a B- job. There's a lack in support from the administration and the community. Every few years there will be a run of talented kids that come through if you can keep them from transferring to other schools in the county.

Nail on the head. If you weren’t from the area and stumbled upon Warren East High School it truly looks like a small college campus, the layout is awesome. The kids are great too, and it seems like the recipe that has led this school to some success is a veteran coach that is very detail oriented. Curious as to where this goes, I know just a couple years ago there were some names afloat and it was shocking to me that they were passed on. 

Could Coach Wallace return to his old school?  He's moving back to Bowling Green after this season.

  • Author
Just now, Tigerpride94 said:

Could Coach Wallace return to his old school?  He's moving back to Bowling Green after this season.

While that would be a great story, 0% chance.

Rumor is  that Warren East may have done found  the next head coach in Jack Herron, He’s been special teams coordinator at LCA, DC at south western  and now has one of the best defenses in 3A at Glasgow . Sounds like he would be a solid hire.

Edited by theguru

  • Author
42 minutes ago, Jayman33 said:

Rumor is  that Warren East may have done found  the next head coach in Jack Herron, He’s been special teams coordinator at LCA, DC at south western  and now has one of the best defenses in 3A at Glasgow . Sounds like he would be a solid hire.

Too young, those kids and parents on that side of town would eat him alive. If I were Coach Herron I’d hang around and wait for Coach Myers to leave Barren County, no way he stays longer than another year or two.

2 hours ago, TheBallCoach said:

Too young, those kids and parents on that side of town would eat him alive. If I were Coach Herron I’d hang around and wait for Coach Myers to leave Barren County, no way he stays longer than another year or two.

That is the rumor around Glasgow. Herron is planning to head to BC in a couple years. Can he bring the athletes with him is the question. 

3 minutes ago, know your role said:

That is the rumor around Glasgow. Herron is planning to head to BC in a couple years. Can he bring the athletes with him is the question. 

I’ve also heard he’s a shoe in back at southwestern when Foley ends up leaving, the dude is 23 and name being thrown around like this… can we say wonder-kin? He might as well take over Trinity or UK and get Stoops out of there lol. 

  • Author
9 minutes ago, know your role said:

That is the rumor around Glasgow. Herron is planning to head to BC in a couple years. Can he bring the athletes with him is the question. 

Would make a lot more sense than coming to Warren East.

If you are willing to move opportunities are open everywhere, I wouldn't hold that against him. He is just all about football. He also helps with a lot of middle school stuff in the state from an administrative standpoint and is really all about football. He's done a great job at Glasgow thus far and to me coaching is a string of 1 year contracts, as long as he is fulfilling his commitments, what more can you ask. He's a young adult who doesn't have any roots yet, why wouldn't he go and see what is out there and network before he gets tied to an area.  

17 hours ago, TheBallCoach said:

Too young, those kids and parents on that side of town would eat him alive. If I were Coach Herron I’d hang around and wait for Coach Myers to leave Barren County, no way he stays longer than another year or two.

I do not believe a young first time head coach would fare well at Warren East High either.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.