Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cole Edelen transferring to Combine Academy

Featured Replies


 

Massive blow to Male and high school basketball here in Kentucky. We don’t appreciate the kids like Trent Noah, Travis Perry, Malachi Moreno, and Reed Sheppard enough who stay in state. Best of luck to the kid, but a very odd move to say the least. 

And there it is.

Heard this last week and put it on 7th region discussion.

I don’t understand the wanting and feel like you need this state to….what?

Get better? Male has a great staff and team.

Garner interest? Already has multiple offers and commitment to WKU.

Just a really weird time in HS basketball.

 

Best of Luck

I feel the same way… To have a chance to finish off your high school career in Rupp Arena is not what it used to be I guess. These prep schools play in front of like 15 people on any given night lol . I just don’t get it. I wish him well and hope he enjoys the experience. 
I could only imagine how his teammates feel and the coaching staff at Male feel right now. They were my pick to win the 7th this coming season, not anymore! 

1 hour ago, Bballjunkie said:

I feel the same way… To have a chance to finish off your high school career in Rupp Arena is not what it used to be I guess. These prep schools play in front of like 15 people on any given night lol . I just don’t get it. I wish him well and hope he enjoys the experience. 
I could only imagine how his teammates feel and the coaching staff at Male feel right now. They were my pick to win the 7th this coming season, not anymore! 

Prep Schools now are a LOT different than the Oak Hills and such that we are used to.

Oak Hill and the like were boarding schools that actually made you go to class and were there to improve your academic standing, along with basketball.

These new “Prep schools” have the kids working on their craft (basketball) 5 hours plus a day through skill work, practices and weight training. The school work is online and can be completed anytime and there’s not much of it. 

Bottom line is many kids are sold on “this is the way to the NBA” when all it does is hurt them when they don’t make it.

***this is a general statement and not meant to be about Cole Edelin.

 

  • Author
2 hours ago, Falcon Pride said:

Prep Schools now are a LOT different than the Oak Hills and such that we are used to.

Oak Hill and the like were boarding schools that actually made you go to class and were there to improve your academic standing, along with basketball.

These new “Prep schools” have the kids working on their craft (basketball) 5 hours plus a day through skill work, practices and weight training. The school work is online and can be completed anytime and there’s not much of it. 

Bottom line is many kids are sold on “this is the way to the NBA” when all it does is hurt them when they don’t make it.

***this is a general statement and not meant to be about Cole Edelin.

 

Agreed. Still, very odd for him when he has nothing left to prove at the high school level. Plus, his mom is an assistant principal at Male and his dad is on the coaching staff and teaches at Barrett, the feeder school for Male. 

Yes, very strange, he already committed to WKU and was set for a great senior season.   I don't know why kids would give up the great rivalry games and other fun high school senior experiences for basically a full time job at a prep school.

I am guessing he believes this move will provide more D1 offers.

Hard to see this as anything but a brutally bad decision. Look the school up. It looks like a nice Church Campground. I've attached a pic of the gym. Can you imagine going from the energy of playing in the 7th Region to this... woof. 

JOHN-JORDAN-GYM-3.jpg

The one time 5 or 10,000 NIL stipend he will receive will be all worth it.  

1 hour ago, FlyPattern said:

The one time 5 or 10,000 NIL stipend he will receive will be all worth it.  

That's all? I sense sarcasm here.

___________________

Question for anyone who wants to answer:

How much NIL $ would you need for your child to go to a prep school?

From the looks of this school, I would say their NIL budget is Arbys coupons. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.