Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Saint Xavier vs. Ballard Predictions/Updates (Scrimmage)

Featured Replies

Scrimmage season is upon so good to see football is back.

St. X will be hosting Ballard on 8/8 at 7:00 pm. I assume the format will be 3 varsity quarters and the last quarter JV, but being first scrimmage could take on a different format so guess we'll see Friday. 
 

I'm most interested in seeing how the O-Line does for St. X since the QB and skill positions should be good led by Mr. Football candidate Marlon Harbin who is UofL commit and QB Mason Trimble.

St. X returns their top 3 tacklers on defense and all 3 are linebackers so that position should be very good led by LB Karsten Busch who is one of the top LB in the state and UofL commit. St. X returns two defensive tackles so I'll be most interested in seeing the new faces in the secondary. 
 

Ballard returns QB Larry Irvin who was the leading passer and Rusher plus RB Lamar Hockersmith, and WR Daelyn Thompson so the Bruins are looking really good at the offensive skill positions.

Ballard returns 3 of their 4 top tacklers with LB Damond Jackson and Santee Brock, and also return DE David Cauley so the Bruins also look good on defense.

This is a matchup between what should be two preseason top 10 teams but both teams will probably play a lot of kids on the depth chart so probably can't take the results as gospel. Also, because of cross districting these two teams could meet in the early rounds of the playoffs.

  • Replies 105
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • JohnWinger
    JohnWinger

    I'm looking forward to seeing how X uses Karsten Busch some on Offense.  He looked really good catching the ball in 7on7.

  • Tigerpride94
    Tigerpride94

  • Tigerpride94
    Tigerpride94

    I've made to St. X and sitting here sweating. Teams are going through pre game routine.

I'm looking forward to seeing how X uses Karsten Busch some on Offense.  He looked really good catching the ball in 7on7.

I don’t think they are cross districted for the playoffs.  I think 2026 they will be but this year I think it’s different. 

I believe X is crossed district with Male’s district this year. 

1 hour ago, LongTimeReader said:

I believe X is crossed district with Male’s district this year. 

You are correct.  It’s districts 3 & 4 and districts 5 & 6 this year.  Next year, it should be districts 3 & 5 and 4 & 6.

  • Author

My error. I was looking at 2026. Here is 2025:

For postseason competition in Class 6A, for 2025, Districts 3 and 4 will be cross-bracketed as Region 2 for playoffs, and Districts 5 and 6 will be cross-bracketed as Region 3 for playoffs.

  • Author

I've made to St. X and sitting here sweating. Teams are going through pre game routine.

  • Author

Scoreboard is on so maybe game like scrimmage but guess we'll see if it's that or the 10 play format.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.